Two Major Issues :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashlyn00

My beardie just finished laying an infirtile clutch of eggs (22 in total). One major problem....she ATE one of the eggs. I ran to get a plastic baggie to put all the eggs in, and before I could remove all of them she gulped one of them down. It was gross! I was just wondering if this could be dangerous to her health????

Second. I think she may have tail rot. Is there any at home treatments that I can try before taking her to the vet?? I have been giving her extra baths and putting polisporin on it.

Tigg

Juvie Member
Don't worry about it... It's instinctual, and they some times do it to keep their nourishment up as a lot of it is usually depleted on her eggs.

Can you post some pics of her tail before anything is put on it?

Ashlyn00

Original Poster
100_0693.jpg

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
That does look like a tail nip or some time of damage that stoped blood flow to the end of the tail. If it continues to move up the tail you need a vet.

Tigg

Juvie Member
I agree it does look like the tip of the tail has began turning necrotic...

How long have you had the beardie?

Is it housed alone?

being able to take a closer look, can you see if there is any retained shed possibly restricting blood flow?

You should add some BETADINE to his bath water, just enough to turn the water to a "weak tea" colour. If your beardie normally drinks from his bath water, you will want to place him in the water and allow him to drink before adding the Betadine.

After the bath you should rub some Witch-hazel on the tip of the tail, allow it to dry and continue with the polysporin.

As WolfmanTom stated above, if it continues up the tail you will want to get to a vet ASAP!! If it IS tail rot, the dead flesh will have to be amputated, and you will want to catch it as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom