HELP!! my beardie ate a BEE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigg

Juvie Member
Many wild insects are toxic to dragons bc of toxins that they come into contact with while others are simply toxic themselves i.e Fire Flies. Bees are touch and go, some Dragons have been ok after eating them while others have become ill. No one is sure if this is species related or toxin contaminates.

How is your beardie doing now?? It's been more than a few hours now and I would say that it's safe to assume that if there hasn't been any signs of uncomfort or pain by now then he should be fine.

You might want to try feeding a few drops of olive oil, which will work as a laxative to your beardie, just to help him pass the bee sooner.

chancellor91

Juvie Member
OH MY, get to a vet immediatly, im so sorry how did this happen, and also keep us updated on her condtoin

chancellor

Tigg

Juvie Member
Guys, there is no need to "Rush to the vet" here unless the dragon is showing any signs of illness. And if this happened yesterday, the bee should be almost completely through the digestive system by now.

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
I don't think running to the vet is the best thing all the time. Keep in mind that the vet is NOT a free service and that there are some signs to look for before freaking out and running to the vet. If the BD is acting normal with normal coloring and not displaying any signs of distress then chances are that he is ok. However, if you notice that he is dark, black bearding, or acting out of the normal, then you should go to the vet.

davidjnt

Original Poster
het guy's, thanks for the replys and advice.
he's doing fine at the moment ther seems to be no discomfort of any kind :) he's had 2 poops since he ate the bee so im geussing it should be out of his system by now right?

chancellor91
i had him out in the back garden bcoz it was a very nice day which we dont get much of here in the UK :( and the bee jus flew past him & he cought it i was like :shock: then he just stood ther looking all proud lol

Menolly

Juvie Member
My baby almost did this with a HUGE yellow worm. I don't even know where that worm came from or what it was. It was all yellow and hairy, I was just sitting reading up book on the porch while he was on my lap. We were just chillin then...WHOOSH! Down my leg in a flash. Thank god he took a few seconds to consider the worm. I had a chance to grab him before he took a chunk out of it. A yellow hairy worm...nothing native to my state... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I still shudder when thinking about it.

chancellor91

Juvie Member
i like how the beardies seem all proud, esspecially when the catch something that fly's

well im glad to know your guy is doing better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom