Help!! Spasms!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

INCA

Hatchling Member
i think my female is going through muscle spasms through her whole body. She can barely move and seems to be paralized.. :cry: ... any tips on how to get her out of this?? i gave her two baths..

INCA

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i put her outside last weekend as i just got her last week. i have the 10.0 repti sun ordered should be here by wednsday.it feels like 3 eggs in her?

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
Do you mean she's housed outside?
So your uvb is on the way, that's good. What are you using right now? Or do you just have a basking bulb til you get your reptisun?
Has she had a poo lately?
Has she been with a male or don't you know since you just got her.

INCA

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i just talked to the person i got her from and she was housed with her siblingsin a huge 100 gallon glass cage. SO she could i guess be pregnant? how can i get the "objects" outa her? also she was digging 2 days ago, but didnt think much of it since she is still a juvi (14 inches).

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
Oh wow, I'm so sorry, I wish I had some answers for you. She does sound pretty young to be pregnant. I'll try to direct some people to this post!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How long has she been acting this way? How long have you had her? Are her beard and/or tail darker than the rest of her? When you mention spasms, what exactly are you seeing? Did she have a UVB light before and are you giving her calcium now, if so, how often? How has her eating and pooping been? Are you sure it's eggs and not an impaction that you're feeling? What type of substrate is on the bottom of her tank?

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Oh geez she is way too small to be having eggs.How old is she? I am betting she may be having an impaction issue more then anything else.oo be safe you can set her up a laybox in her tank with moist clean soil and playsand wet so she can burrow in it but I woukd also get her off solid food for right now and get her on some babyfood like squash and chicken,you will also want to bathe her but while bathing her gently massage the areas you feel lumps in a circular motion working down towards the vent.When you say she was housed with others are we talking adults or babies.If your feeling multiple lumps and she is only a baby I would get her to a vet.

INCA

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No she has not darkened up, actually her color looks the best i have seen. She has been acting like this for a day or two. but NEVER to this extent. also her beard comes out and in. for the spasms it not like twithcting but like shivvering, very strange. i tried to give her calcium but she wouldnt eat anything.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
INCA":1b406 said:
No she has not darkened up, actually her color looks the best i have seen. She has been acting like this for a day or two. but NEVER to this extent. also her beard comes out and in. for the spasms it not like twithcting but like shivvering, very strange. i tried to give her calcium but she wouldnt eat anything.
Do you have any idea of her age?You have to get some calcium in her I agree with Dianne even if you syringe feed it mixed with babyfood its important.What type of substrate was she/is she on?

INCA

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The breeder i got her from had all her beardies and reptiles on sand. She is now on newpaper. i will give her some baby food wit calcium

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
INCA":e96cf said:
The breeder i got her from had all her beardies and reptiles on sand. She is now on newpaper. i will give her some baby food wit calcium
Can you post a pic of her?It would be hepful to determine if there is even a remote possibility about her being gravid.Again I doubt it but pics would help rule that out.

INCA

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She is not housed outside. She hasnt had a uvb bulb in a week. heres a pic

Femalesickbeardie001.jpg

Femalesickbeardie002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom