Bearded in desperate need of help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandostoked

Original Poster
Not sure how much time you have but if you look up on this forum “Possible parasites, Cannot go to vet, need home remedies” the guys response about asking yourself two question about your bearded both of my answers were yes. In addition he went on to describe the characteristics of a parasitic bearded like avoiding lights, sleeping more and loss of appetite and that is all things she is doing. NEVER basking ever. So maybe parasites? I will make the changes you suggested and if no change I will take her to the vet for a fecal sample. I thank you so much for all your help and quick responses I’m sure my bearded will appreciate
it and you very much.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
After you make the adjustments please watch her behavior --- keep us posted please

brandostoked

Original Poster
I will definitely take a sample to the vet. I will also keep you updated after the changes are in place for a week so it is long enough to see a change..

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Let us know how the vet visit goes. A fecal exam would definitely be helpful in determining
what could be going on.
Hopefully with lighting changes, she will start to improve. It does take time for them to recover
if it is worms or parasites.

Tracie

brandostoked

Original Poster
UPDATE 8-11-2021: She is better! She now is awake in her cage during the day most of the time and just lays around. Ate a little bit of Repashy today along with two superworms. She is walking completely normal and even lifting herself off the floor. She is still more active outside but what beardy is not. I am sure with more time she will get even better.
Changes that were made were the following; raising a heat lamp over her cage to keep the hot side at 90-101 and cold side at about 82-84. As well as replacing her UVB bulb which was only done yesterday morning. Her UVB bulb was also moved under the screening instead of over. All this and she is pretty good now, perhaps she is just a chill beardy who enjoys slow moving food, the outdoors and lounging around. I will update again in a week. :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thanks for the update and Iam glad shes doing better --- I would still increase the basking temps to 95-100 -- if she has a piece of decor that offers the different gradient heat that is great --- as long as she can get to spots warmer than the 90 your good -- what did you replace the UVB bulb w/ ? Another T 5 ?

brandostoked

Original Poster
Another update: the black solider fly larvae are here and shocker she didn’t eat. We’ve tried now super worms, black solider fly, crickets, dubias, wax worms and repashy. She only likes the super worms which aren’t good for her and the repashy she barely eats any and it takes a solid hour to get her to eat it. Maybe at this point just letting her go without eating (starve) for a couple of days and hopefully then she will eat. We’re losing hope at this point, we’ve done all we can so at this point we’re not sure what to do. Also it is not parasites. Thank you all for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom