Savannah monitor swallowed a small rubber piece please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savmon95

I just got this savannah monitor about 3 weeks ago he's a little guy (probably around a foot didn't exactly measure him) I'd probably say a couple months old I have reptibark in his enclosure and his high side temps at 115 with a few spots to bask on and the cool side is around 80 and I mist his cage every morning and every night trying to keep the humidity decent. He ended up swallowing a rubber earbud piece because my daughter (3 years old) put it in the tote I feed him in (I don't want him associating getting fed with me opening his enclosure when he gets older) and I didn't realize it till I went to feed him and saw him swallow it it's been a day so far and he hasn't pooped. His appetite and activity levels are all the same as they were before this, but I'm gonna keep his humidity up and give him a warm bath tomorrow to see if I can help him out and maybe give him some olive oil any other suggestions I can do to help him pass it?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How big is your monitor?
It sounds like he is probably no bigger than 12 or so inches? Post pictures of him if you can,
that would be great.
So the rubber portion, it is hard or semi-soft? He shouldn't have too much trouble passing it
through but you can give soft foods such as canned pumpkin, & sugar free applesauce mixed
with a few drops of olive or coconut oil daily to help things along.
Let us know how he is doing!

Tracie

Savmon95

Original Poster
Alright thanks for the advice I'll give that a shot and it was the squishy part that goes over the hard part of an earbud it's really soft and I'm not sure of how to upload images from my cellphone tbh let me see if I can do it off of my computer.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, well then if it is the softer part of it, then it will most likely pass through quite easily! However,
it would still be beneficial to give some foods with the oil for a week or so until it passes through.
They sure can be fast when grabbing something off of the floor!
Let us know how things are going. If you have a picture, we would love to see your monitor!

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

No problem at all! Your Savannah monitor is very pretty, he looks great!
How is he doing?

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Just wondering if there were any updates on your Monitor today?

Tracie

Savmon95

Original Poster
Thank you very much he passed it just now sorry I haven't checked this in a day got busy but I'm very thankful for everyone's help ☺️

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great to hear then, he didn't have any trouble at all passing it. I didn't think he would
have much trouble with it since you had mentioned it was the softer portion of it!
Let us know if you have more questions or need help.
Feel free to stick around & join more conversations.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom