Beardie pooping blood!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie has been very constipated lately. I took her to the vet and looks like something is blocking her, not sure what probably sand impaction or something? We couldn't tell on the x Ray. Well a few days later and she has pooped about 3 balls of poop. 2 are very small but one was sort of large. She's still constipated though. Just a minute ago I looked in her cage and she pooped a jelly like ball of blood and a small puddle of blood around it! I don't know why! I would add pictures but I don't know how!!!

Ofthelime

Hatchling Member
If she excreted clotted blood as you said she probably has internal bleeding. Was it light red or drak red? Dark red means internal bleeding, light red means it was from a cut and anti biotics should be put in play.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=213367
This is how you upload images.

Kingoflizards

Original Poster
It was sort of dark. I can't post a picture I keep on clicking x image and it just shows an image I used before..... I would like you to see this.

Ofthelime

Hatchling Member
When you upload the image refresh the page and try again, it is a bug in the way it works. I would ask a bunch of questions however you stated you were working with a vet.

Kingoflizards

Original Poster
I can't find where to upload the picture. Feel free to ask questions im just so sad about this. I want my beardie to be healthy as always.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Sorry she's having bathroom issues. Have you removed the sand? You can try giving her plain applesauce with a drop of olive oil and baby food prunes work too.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Did you figure out how to post pictures yet?
This sounds pretty serious if there is that much blood involved. Impactions are dangerous. As suggested, give only soft food & no solid foods. Use chicken or turkey baby food, with squash or sweet potato baby food, along with sugar free applesauce & a drop or two of olive/mineral oil.
Is her beard black in color?
Try to keep her around 80 overnight to help boost her immune system, too.

Tracie

Kingoflizards

Original Poster
I have removed the sand ever since I found out it was bad. Also I've been feeding her baby food. She's acting normal as always just can't poop. Im not sure why she pooped this out but she seems fine other than that. Im taking her to the vet maybe they'll see if there is anything. Any theories to why she did this?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It is probably the sand that is impacting her & may have caused some internal issues thus far.
Continue with the soft foods for awhile until she can pass everything through which could take awhile.
Is her beard black at all or is it normal colored?

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom