New Beardie mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazedmom

So last year one of my daughter's teachers had a beardie. Of course we fell in love with him! So for her birthday that was all she wanted! We went and bought the cutest little beardie ever! He is about 2 months old now and I have been feeding him about 10 crickets twice a day. Plus I offer him veggies and fruit which he will NOT eat! I even put worms in it trying to entice him, but he just picks out the worms. Any ideas on how to get him to eat his veggies? This is more difficult than getting my kids to eat their veggies!
I am so glad that I found this site this morning and look forward to chatting with all of you other beardie parents out there!

Kelley

Bianca

Juvie Member
Hello and welcome :wave:
Beardies take a while to start eating their salad, some of them do right away (if you are lucky), but many don't. Mine is around 5 months old and is not eating her salad yet. I do put her worms in with the salad now, hoping that by accident she will grab some of the greens, too. The only thing you can do is be patient and keep offerring the greens and veggies and your baby will eventually start eating. So far, my girl only takes squash readily. Don't worry too much about it, when they are this young their protein intake is much greater. Also, don't forget to dust with calcium and vitamins. Most people on here use RepCal Calcium with D3 (5 times/week) and RepCal Herptivite (2 times/week).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom