*waves hand* New Here:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurmBaby4

Hey all, I'm Jen:)

I've been wanting a Beardie for a while, but I hadn't planned on getting one due to the fact that im petrified, literally, of crickets and mealworms and all that etc etc...
...But fate has thrown this little baby into my hands, when he got a busted jaw at the petstore and couldnt eat/drink on his own. I've been feeding him via syringe, and his diet is:

Breakfast -Sweet potatoe baby food mixed with mushed crickets (yes..i mush them..*gags*) and calcium powder.
Lunch - Pear baby food mixed with mushed crickets
Dinner - Straight mushed crickets through the syringe..

I'm picking up some Collard greens for him tomorrow, or the (ive been told to get..) Paul Newmans Spring mix (or something like that).

anyway,

i'm not really new to reptiles, ive got plenty of snakes at home, this is my first "lizzard" in 5 years, and he's the best freakin Beardie I could ever ask for.

He had gone a few days w/o food/water bcuz he couldnt open his mouth, so by the time I had seen him he looked horrible...(i didnt take any pics of him in that state) But here he is now, just a few days later!!! I love him !

21cs9pv.jpg

I also syringe him water, until I personally see him drinking on his own, I will continue to assist him.

Right now I'm treating him for cuts (on his face) and a bit of mouth rot.

anywho, enough of my novel, i'm looking forward to meeting lots of people on this forum!!!

BurmBaby4

Original Poster
I wanna leezard":03eac said:
Thats such and cool story, good luck with the cricket mashing. And I hope ur lil Leezard gets better :blob8:

Thank you :) I actually just got done feeding him and he's too funny! I'll put a little bit on his lips to get him interested and when he slowly licks it off he like perks up and then starts licking visciously while i squeeze the rest into his mouth, and when he's full he stops licking and I have to wipe his mouth and give him some water :)

natalieland

Hatchling Member
What a good beardie mommy you are! :)

As far as waiting for him to drink on his own, you might be waiting awhile. I've had mine for about 3 weeks and I've never seen him drink. He will taste water drops off of his nose if I spray them on there and even then only sometimes.

:) Ugh...dare I ask how you are "mushing" crickets? GROSS...eew. lol

BurmBaby4

Original Poster
natalieland":26898 said:
What a good beardie mommy you are! :)

As far as waiting for him to drink on his own, you might be waiting awhile. I've had mine for about 3 weeks and I've never seen him drink. He will taste water drops off of his nose if I spray them on there and even then only sometimes.

:) Ugh...dare I ask how you are "mushing" crickets? GROSS...eew. lol

*blushes* Thanks Natalie:)

Mushing crickets...*gulp and gags* I just put a small hole in the bag at the top, let all the air out and put them in a pile (at the bottom of the bag where there is no air) and..take a spoon and..*gags* mush mush....I break up the shells as best I can and then spoon it into a container...*cringes*

This site has bene most helpful, Thanks to everyone:)

Ozzy's Mom

Juvie Member
Hello and Welcome :wave:

You have a beautiful baby beardie! He's so lucky too.

***Shivers at the thought of mushing crickets.....uggghhhh.....then dry heaves at the thought of looking at mushed crickets! :puke: :puke:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom