a challenger appears!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul Owl

Hatchling Member
hello, I'm not all that new to this site, but I just now decided to register :)

in middle school, one of my teachers kept a bearded dragon. he grew at least twice his size in the time I was in that class. no one held him because he was a little skittish, but he was a cool, laid-back guy. I wanted to get a dragon of my own, but my mom opted on a leopard gecko instead. the experience wasn't that rewarding, as she didn't like being held and she only came out at night most of the time.

five years later, now I have enough money to get the dragon I've wanted. I have it all set up -- all I have to do is wait for the temp gun and silkworms to come in the mail, then I can get my dragon. I'm having trouble with my temps -- the basking spot right now is 113 F and the cool end is 81 F. in a 20 gal long. so I'll be fiddling with it in the meantime.

I posted in health section first because it was kinda urgent. anyway, I love dragons more than I think I should, and I love talking to people about them. I also like video games, computers, anime, drawing, pokemon, music, and (of course) animals. if you share interests, I'd really enjoy talking to you. I'm 17 years old, and I'm going to college next month. I'll try to get pictures of my terrarium up soon, but my friend has the camera, and I have to wait for him to get off work.. :\ anyway, hope to have a good time here!

momofonebeardie

BD.org Addict
Welcome aboard...
It is really a great thing that you have everything set up and then get your beardie. I wish I had done it that way.
If you are getting a baby your temps are right on. I would not adjust them at all. I did want to let you know when we first got Fluffy we also had a 20L and she outgrew it very fast.
Just a heads up.
Bearides are a great reptile to be a slave to. They own me for sure..

Soul Owl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
momofonebeardie":12de3 said:
I did want to let you know when we first got Fluffy we also had a 20L and she outgrew it very fast.

how fast? the baby I'm getting is going to be around eight weeks old.. how soon are we talking?

Chris":12de3 said:
youre not alone there,..!!!

haha, I've even frequent youtube.com and see if there are any new dragon videos up.. some of them are really funny!

Chris

BD.org Addict
haha, I've even frequent youtube.com and see if there are any new dragon videos up.. some of them are really funny!

you should post links to stuff like that!!! :eek:)

oh, how rude of me, hello and welcome,..!!

Soul Owl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Chris":a53e8 said:
you should post links to stuff like that!!! :eek:)

oh, how rude of me, hello and welcome,..!!

I should but should it be a new topic?

thanks for the welcome!

Chris

BD.org Addict
yeah,..just post it as 'cool vid' or something under general discussion!

i love stuff like that! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom