Beardie Possibilities....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardedKate

Hatchling Member
I am supposed to be picking up a pair of beardies and their tank set up week after next. Their names are Spike and Lee. Spike is the boy and Lee is the girl. I am picking them up from a very nice family locally who will not have the time to care for them any longer.

I am from San Francisco, CA. and I am REALLY looking forward to my two lovely lizards. Hopefully this will go through successfully. Cross your fingers for me! I am doing a bunch of research and I looking for a table to set the terrarium on.

I currently already have a turtle and some aquatic frogs. I am also a regular on TurtleForum from Austin's turtle page!

Are there other Bay Area folks on this site?

--Kate!--

Project X

Hatchling Member
Hey welcome to the forums and good luck with your future beardies. If they are housed together now, you should consider housing them seperately because they male can overbreed with the female and stress her out a lot, and if they are related they could inbreed.

I'm not from the bay area, but I'm about 30-40 minutes away from Sacramento.

char

Hatchling Member
Just an idea you might want to learn as much as possible about their current set up and care and apply that to the knowledge that you are learning here and in your research that way if you need to make any changes you will be prepared in advance on what you need to do. I just recently got 2 as well from someone who no longer wanted them and I was running around to stores like crazy trying to get their care where it needs to be. Things that come right to mind are"

If housed together you want to separate them esp. cause its 1 male and 1 female.

What kind of lighting do they have? and when was the last time it was replaced?

What has their diet been? Do you know where you are going to get their food from?

What kind of substrate are they on?

For myself I didn't ask enough questions before hand I just assumed that the care they would be getting was correct and I was very wrong. I am not saying that the care they are getting now is wrong but if it is you will be much better off finding out before you get them.

Welcome to the Forum!

BeardedKate

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you everyone! Project X and Dragon Guy we have to meet up at the Sacramento Reptile Show on Sept. 9th! Char you were so right! I didn't ask enough questions either! A lesson learned. I will be able to contact their previous owners soon and ask these questions once they return from vacation. I have a vet appt. set up for them Thurs. Aug. 10th.

--Kate!--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom