new beardie need some help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

general

i just got a beardie yesterday and i love it .. i got a 30 gallon tank with a 100 watt light on the left and i have his cool on the right .. now i have the light on the screen and i have wood going up only about 4 inches of the substrate the themother i have says 100and on the cool side it says 80 .. i also have tex rex sand which digestable . i have his water bowl on the right side.. and two hiding places one on the and on the right am i doiing anything right or wrong and he didnt eat yesterday ... help please

ReptileMom

Hatchling Member
Even though the sand SAYS it's digestable, it more than likely isn't. How old is your dragon? If he's a baby, you probably shouldn't use any kind of sand. If he's older clean, sifted playsand is the best, if you insist on sand. As far as a water dish goes, if he's a baby you don't want to leave a dish that he could drown in. How close can he get to his light? He doesn't really need a hiding place. If he's hiding he can't get to his heat and UVB. What are you feeding him? If you can answer some of these ? we can guide you a little easier. Good luck :!:

general

Original Poster
hes about 4- 6 months old the water dish is not big it small with a like inch inch deep water and the he cant get that close to the light at all . its just there to chill

general

Original Poster
i tried to feed him greens and carrots .. if i feed him crickets should i feed him live or dead if live how can i clean them up they are pesky lil critters

ReptileMom

Hatchling Member
You actually want him to get close to the lights. Probably within 6". Some beardies never do eat their greens. I wouldn't stop trying though. As far as crickets go, I feed live. My guys love anything that moves. I order mine online and keep them in a 10 gallon aquarium. Of course I have 3 beardies and a frog that eat them. I just pull out as many as I need at a time. You don't want to put too many in the tank at a time. Only about as many as he can eat in @10-15 min. The water dish should be fine. You still want to mist him everyday and bathe several times a week. Out of my 3 beardies only one of them actually drinks from a dish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom