Please welcome Daenerys "Dany" and me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FabGyrl

Sub-Adult Member
Hello! My name is Kristy and I just rescued a bearded dragon as of lastnight! Previous owners are telling me that she is two (but I cannot be sure... is there a way to find that out?) Anyways... she seems healthy enough, but only time will tell for sure!! One question I have is that her previous owners used a heated rock for her... Based on the research I have done, its seems that they are not good to use... Should I removed it?? She spends a lot of time on it and I wasnt sure if I should take it away from her?! What if I just covered it with some fabric to cool it down? Anyways... thanks... and HI!!!!!!!!!

Nomad85

Gray-bearded Member
Yeah I would remove the hot rock.. Make sure you have a basking spot witha rock or something like it under a houshold bulb fo give the dragon warmth.
Welcome to the forum:)

Heres the protocol questions:)

Basking temps?
Supplements?
UVB LIght?
Substrate/Tank

If you ask question anywhere you will get these kinds of questions, so its best to figure it out as soon as you can:)

How big/heavy is the dragon, they should be adult sized by 1.5 and certainly be 2.

FabGyrl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Heres the protocol questions:)

Basking temps?
Supplements?
UVB LIght?
Substrate/Tank

Oh geez... I really dont know too much, just rescued her!! I have no clue what the temps are in there, I'm pretty sure its a decent lamp with proper lighting... She came with no food/vitamins... im off to do all that today... She has some gross looking sand in there going to get new stuff!!! Are you sure I need to REMOVE her heat rock?? She hasnt really moved from it AT ALL except to eat! I think she must enjoy it... are you sure I cant just wrap it in something?! With the age thing... is there an actual way to find out? Thanks for any info!!!!
Kristy

FabGyrl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well... we went to the pet store and got her some new supplies... Apparently the light fixture I have is okay but the bulb isnt! The bulb I need is $130... YIKES! Anyways, Dany is in her new home and seems well! Any tips/advice is welcome!

Nomad85

Gray-bearded Member
wow wow wow. 130! no bulb should be that expensive! I got the best bulb money can buy for 75$. Dont listen to pet stores.. ask us here before you buy anything, I like to shop online at http://www.reptilesupply.com saves a ton of money that way.

FabGyrl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hello again... dont know if many people are following me but oh well... writing is fun!! Just gave Dany a bath, but really not sure if she liked it. She just kinda layed there and did not move... I then held her for a little while and she fidgeted at first but than "relaxed". When I rub the top of her head she closes her eyes... So endearing! Do they even like being "pet"... I mean, she is no cat or dog!! Anyways, I hope I didnt scare her! We are still getting used to each other (I am still nervous to pick her up for fear of harming her or her possibly biting) Well thats it for tonight! If you read and reply cool and if not...
:) Kristy

FabGyrl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Its alot of fun so far!! It like having a new baby (I have two girls)!! She is so very special and I really hope I can bring her back to health!!

gemmy

lol...i have a little girl myself(17 months), but i think my beardie Ozzy is far more work than she's ever been :lol: love him more than words though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom