New to this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzy's Mom

Juvie Member
Welcome :wave:

How long have you had him? If you just got him, maybe it's relocation stress.

We can probably help you out a bit more if you give us a little more information.....

What you're feeding and how often?
Size of your viv and temps?
Types of lighting?
Substrate?
How long you've had him?
How often does he poop and what does it look/smell like?

Sorry for the 20 questions, but our answers will probably vary depending on your answers

petethegeko

Original Poster
hiya, thanks for the reply.
rite here goes!

What you're feeding and how often? veg, crickets and meal worms... well every day and hav left some in his cage, but wont touch it.

Size of your viv and temps? quite small, 2ft x 2ft. temp- 85 degrees aprox

Types of lighting? UV and a normal 40 watt bulb. also a heat mat.

Substrate? wood chippings

How long you've had him? 4 days

How often does he poop and what does it look/smell like? dont think he has yet!

We got him off of a friend who was mooving house and couldnt keep him. he is about a year old, and to be honest i dont think she really knew too much about them!

hope someone can help! thanks
jemma :)

barti1

Gray-bearded Member
How often are you feeding mealworms? What veggies are you feeding? how often are oyu feeding crix? How big are the crix? Howp big is your beardie? What are his temps? Do you have a thermo (digi?) I owuld get him a bigger cage maybe 4-5 feet in length, 2-4 feet in width, and 3-5 feet in hight, the bigger cage the better. Are you giving him bathes? What type of UVB light do you have? And how far away is it? Are you providing supplements? If so how often? Get rid of the wood chipping, and get either paper towel (temporary), tile (when you get him in the new cage, shelf liner, and maybe sand, but try not to use that right now.

petethegeko

Original Poster
How often are you feeding mealworms? What veggies are you feeding? how often are oyu feeding crix? How big are the crix? Howp big is your beardie? What are his temps? Do you have a thermo (digi?) I owuld get him a bigger cage maybe 4-5 feet in length, 2-4 feet in width, and 3-5 feet in hight, the bigger cage the better. Are you giving him bathes? What type of UVB light do you have? And how far away is it? Are you providing supplements? If so how often? Get rid of the wood chipping, and get either paper towel (temporary), tile (when you get him in the new cage, shelf liner, and maybe sand, but try not to use that right now.

I am feeding the mealworms everyday and he wont touch them. The veggies, are cuecumber and corgette, the crickets are called 'jumbo crickets' again untouched. Im attemting to give him crickets everyday aswell.
Pete, the dragon, is 7" not including the tail. The temperature in the viv is 85 degrees. but there isnt really anywhere to bask or cool down.
I have given him a bath for the last 2 days, i only got him 5 days ago.
Our uvb light... im not sure what it is, it says repti-glo 5.0 uvb on the tube, if that helps. Im a bit worried about the uv light as it is quite hot, and possitioned straight down one side, and he seems to climb up the side and press himself against it. We have got vitimin and calcium to put on the food, which is the same stuff as we are using for our 2 tortoises.
We will try and get a new viv soon. Anyone got any ideas of where to get a larger one from, and average costs for one??
thanks
jemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom