Status
Not open for further replies.

emma22

Hi everyone,

I recently became the owner of a BD, i got hm off someone who couldnt be bothered to take care of him and am not a 100% sure how to take care of him. Im doing loads of research but am getting confused as there is so much out there if anyone can offer any tips would be very grateful

shadi11

BD.org Addict
welcome to the forum..
How do you have his set up now? size of enclosure? temps? how measured? uvb light? brand? substrate? and how old is he and what do you feed. sorry so many questions but this is the best way to help.. also if you look at the top under caresheets and articles theres some basic care sheets

Ozzy's Mom

Juvie Member
emma22":009e1 said:
Hi everyone,

I recently became the owner of a BD, i got hm off someone who couldnt be bothered to take care of him and am not a 100% sure how to take care of him. Im doing loads of research but am getting confused as there is so much out there if anyone can offer any tips would be very grateful

Hello and Welcome :wave:

What a lucky beardie! You've come to a great place. There is a lot of really helpful information in the care sheets (the link is on this site).

Be really careful when going to pet stores. Most people here agree that a lot of them give out very poor or inaccurate advice a lot of the time. The most common thing is telling you to buy the calci sand. This is very bad for your beardie, as it can cause impaction and sometimes death. Most people agree that washed and sifted playsand is okay for older beardies, but not babies.

You'll find a ton of great people here who can answer your questions. Though they will usually as you a standard set of questions first so they can give you the appropriate answers. This usually includes:

What size tank or viv?
What is the basking temp?
What type of UVB or MVB bulb you use?
What temp on the cool side?
How old is your beardie?
What do you feed him and how often?
How often do you mist or bathe your beardie?
What type of calcium and vitamin supplements do you use?
How often do you use them?
What type of substrate is he on?

If you have any specific questions, be sure to post them. Usually most questions get answered fairly quickly here.

Again welcome.

emma22

Original Poster
Hi soory for the delay in reply
I have a 30inch viv, the basking temp is appro 100, i have a 10.0 UVB bulb and the temp on the cool side is about 80 ish, i am not sure how old my beardie is the person i got him/ her off couldnt tell me and didnt tell me sex and i cant tell, I am feeding him on crickets and some veggies although he has funny eating habits and i feed him once a dayabout an hour after i turn all his lights on i havent bathed him but have seen him drink, i have calcium supplement which i dust his live food with once a week i think it is called repton and have been using newspaper as his substrate.

What size tank or viv?
What is the basking temp?
What type of UVB or MVB bulb you use?
What temp on the cool side?
How old is your beardie?
What do you feed him and how often?
How often do you mist or bathe your beardie?
What type of calcium and vitamin supplements do you use?
How often do you use them?
What type of substrate is he on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom