Hey- all you lizard folk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starghoti

Hatchling Member
So we are the proud parents of a new baby Beardie.
Got him/her (?) just before memorial day, and she is growing like a weed. (about 1/2" each week.. yikes)
She had her first vet check last friday, and the Doc says 'she' is doing good- looks healthy, no internal bugs/parasites, good weight, good size, etc.. Doc also grilled me about Raiden's care- everything from diet, heating, uv-a/b lighting, substrate, supliments, cage size, day length, and handling to what I clean her accessories with and what I feed her bugs.. lol Asside from a slight concern about her Calcium intake- Doc says I seem to be doing everything right for her. Yeah! (thank you- internet!! lol)

Raiden has such a personality! She has likes and dislikes, and tho she is only about 7" long, she sometimes DEMANDS attention.. :)

My only concern is that her modus operendi seems to be "Shed body/head one week, and feet/tail a week or two later. sigh

We are also planning and building her a righteous vivarium. It will be part of our livingroom, where she can see out the front window, but not get direct sunlight, and we are also building small windows into the sides so she can watch tv- lol Yes, we are doting parents. ;)

Take care everybody- and thanks for the awesome info/site

CycloneHWT

Sub-Adult Member
sound slike you are becoming a member of the beardie club.... give it a few more weeks and we will give you the keys to the washroom lol

Starghoti

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
You have some beauties there CycloneHWT.

I can't wait until my girl/boy (?) gets grown up

Ozzy's Mom

Juvie Member
Hello and Welcome :wave:

Sounds like you're becoming good beardie slaves...hehe. You'll find a lot of us here who live to make our beardie's happy :laughing6:

drakemonster

Hatchling Member
Pretty pretty beardie :D. Welcome to the club of lizard obsession :lol:

good luck with your little one
cheers :D

Chris

BD.org Addict
awww, i want a little one again!

nah, not really, beardies get better with age, but theyre so cute @ that size,..!!

...obsession could be an understatement,..!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom