Status
Not open for further replies.

soon2beGST

my dragon is about 4 to 5 inches long and his name is Rex
funtimes059.jpg
[/img]

maelstrom

Hatchling Member
aww he is VERY cute!! With that in mind please know that pretty much anything the pet store(if thats indeed where you got him) told you is probably wrong and can sometimes be very dangerous for your baby.. Unfortunatly pet stores are there to make money even if that means its at the expense of the animals they sell..

What kind of a setup do you have for the little guy?
ie..

What size is his tank?

What kind of substrate is he on? (please dont use calci-sand!! it is VERY dangerous)

What do you have for a UVB light? Repti-sun 8.0 and 10.0 are good as long as its within 6" of his basking spot.

What are you feeding him? make sure no mealworms.. silk worms or crickets are best for that age and size just make sure the crickets are smaller than the space between his eyes or he could easily choke to death or become impacted..

What are the temps in his viv? Basking area should be 105-115F and cool side should be 80-85F.. also make sure you are using a digital thermometer(12$ at walmart) to get his temps as those stick on thermometers can be up to 20 degrees off which could be deadly.

i know i havent covered everything here yet but i didnt wanna overwhelm you all at once hehee..

Ozzy's Mom

Juvie Member
Welcome to the forum! You'll find a lot of people here who are full of valuable information. I am a novice and just got my beardie about a month ago....I'll leave the questions for the ones who know more. Though you'll find there is a lot of excellent information in the care sheets and articles link on this site. I would read as many as possible.

Rex is beautiful.....oops :oops: ...very handsome! Again, Welcome!

soon2beGST

Original Poster
I have him in a 10gal... gettin a 50 gal this upcoming weekend...but it may be too much for him to have right now....my substrate im using is is Lizard Litter...its a mix of white fir and eucalyptus chips...i feet him a few crickets a day...size med. and there are dusted with herpcare calcium supplement....got my uvb and uva for him.....umm the temp gauge is gonna be gone by this weekend.....but my concern is his behavior....he likes to rub the side of his head on the basking log....ill attatch a pic so u can see his Viv
rex-1.jpg

ReptileMom

Hatchling Member
How many crickets is a few, the eat a TON at this age? You should also be offering finely chopped greens, the sooner you start the more likely they are to eat them later. Congrats!

ReptileMom

Hatchling Member
How many crickets is a few, the eat a TON at this age? You should also be offering finely chopped greens, the sooner you start the more likely they are to eat them later. Congrats! Forgot to ask, is he shedding, that could be why he's rubbing.

soon2beGST

Original Poster
oh and another thing is he lays on my chest (sternum area) and i got chest hair and he lays there and sleeps...its adorabile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom