hello hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryry8605

Hatchling Member
so i already intro'd myself on another board, but my name is ryan and i work at my local petsmart. more importantly, my beardies name is front salad, and he FINALLY came home today :p Front salad is verry sma, 2-3 inches for his body tops.he had to have his rear right leg amputated a couple weeks ago cuz of an accident at my store :( but i get to take care of him forever now :) :) so excited!!!

i have totally prepared, and im in the process of building an awesome habitat.

any suggestion on feeding, socializing, anything, greatly appreciated.

btw he is temp. in a 20 long, basking rock (NOT a heat rock) is at 107 (taken w/a probe thermometer) cool side of the tank is at 83. at night it holds at 71. he is on repti-carpet, and has a reptiglo 5.0, when the big cage is done it will be fitted with 8.0.

oh, btw, great site

peace

barti1

Gray-bearded Member
Welcome to the forum! Everything sounds good so far! Wow, he must be really young, I've never seen a beardie so smal, can you get any pics in? How much are you feeding him? Are you offering any salads? Do you know how old front salad is?

ryry8605

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i dk how old front salad is, im sure i could find out tho, by looking into how old they are when they get to our store, cuz we got him on may 25th. he right now weighs .01 pounds. the vet jus weighed him yesterday and he's in great health.

im offering him a salad of finely chopped collard greens, squash, and strawberries this morning. and ill give him some crickets around dinner time.

Sekhautet

BD.org Sicko
What happened to him in the store? Poor guy! He's lucky to have found a good home. Glad that you're a pet store person who reads the forums. The pet stores usually don't give very good beardie advice. Do you work in the reptile section? If so, kudos for you. The pet industry needs more employees like you out there. 8)

ryry8605

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i work inthe pet care dept, that means i work with all the animals, and we dont sell cats and dogs.

our manager is so awesome, she's the most knowledgeable person i've met, and i've worked in 3 pet stores previosly.

he had a decoration set on him by a rushing employee :'( but petSmart fronted the bill for his amputation and all his follow up anti-biotics and check-ups.

and front salad is a skateboarding joke about owen wilson. i dont know if it will stick tho, it kinda feels wrong for his personality.

i took him outside today and he got very friendly, climbing up my arm and chillin on my hand. i wub him :)

barti1

Gray-bearded Member
Everything sounds good! Glad to hear there's good petstore people out there somewhere :lol: We just picked 6 baskets of strawberries, so my guy's are loving it :lol:

ryry8605

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
so i know juvies can eat 30-100 crickets in a sitting, is it the same for babies? cuz his appetite is starting to pick up again and im not sure what to expect.the first day he was here he ate 2, then he ate 6 yesterday he ate 9 and today he ate 12 and hes still hungry (im goin to the store soon)

and he started dancing on the glass too, which is so cute :)

how long and how often should he get baths and go outside?

StumpysOwner

Extreme Poster
ryry8605":36138 said:
how long and how often should he get baths and go outside?

You should bathe a baby 2 to 4 times a week, I would say. They can dehydrate sooo easy. As for going outside, you can take him out as much as you want. I would say every time it's sunny and that you have time, take him out!

barti1

Gray-bearded Member
You can bathe him everyda, but if you want you can either bathe him everyother day or every three days. Take him outside whenever you want, it good for them to get natural sunlight. Just rember babies get dehydrated REALLY easily, so be sure to mist him (outside of his cage) everyday. Babies can eat teh same amount, but it's normal for them not to ea as many, but her in another week or two he'll start picking up his appitite, so be ready for that :lol: Good luck!

ryry8605

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
hello again, i was just popping in to say that i finally kame up with a name for my beardie that is sticking, Bam. oh, and im building a cage for him, and i was wondering if ya'll think this is a good idea, i'm tiling the 8' square bottom, 7 beige natural grain tiles, and 1 natural slate tile, the slate will be for basking, think it will work??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom