Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenjen

Hi there everyone,
My name is Jen and I have been a new parent of an adorable beardie for about four weeks now. I still don't know what sex the little guy is so I've been calling him Anonymous (hoping for a little boy as you can tell.) Once I can take a peep and sex the little bugger I think I'm going to call him either Gus or Liz.
So far, things have been fun and I can't get over the bottomless pit of a tummy he has!!! Sometimes I just sit mind boggling over how something so small can cram soo many crickets into its tummy!
One thing I have learned in my short time with Anonomous is that a beardie is just like a spoiled child. When I went on vacation a few days ago, the little dear threw a fit and has been throwing little temper tantrums ever since I got back. From now on I will be having an extra passenger whenever I take an extended trip!
:D

barti1

Gray-bearded Member
How old is he/she? Yeh, they can cram down lots of crickets :lol: How many is he eating? Don't you wish the petstores were right :lol: no UVB, not as much food, and who knows what else they say :wink: Good luck! Welcome to the forum!

jenjen

Original Poster
Anonymous is about 7 inches long (snout to tail) and gobbles up about a dozen crickets a day (depending on their size)! Still no go on the salad-I think it serves more as cricket food hehe. :D How old were your beardies when you could sex them?

Beata

Hatchling Member
I noticed that mine was a male when he was 9 inches long. But sometimes you can see it much later. I think it is more difficult to recognise the sex when a beardie is a female.

barti1

Gray-bearded Member
I noticed mine were males at about 5-6 months. He should be eating more than a dozen crickets a day, and they should only be the size of the space between their eyes. Again, welcome to the forum!

jenjen

Original Poster
It's a Boy!!!
I decided to take a gander at anonymous' belly and saw the little dots of boyhood hehe. Sooo Gus it is!

barti1

Gray-bearded Member
Well, he/she could be a boy, those dots that you were talking about are femoral pores, and are on males, and females, but the males are more pronouced, so there's a chancew that you have a female, but I'll just call HIM a boy :lol:

jenjen

Original Poster
Ok, it might be a little early....but I'm hopeful. I've always liked males better then females....they seem to be less vicious (even though the female beardies are still little sweethearts from what I've read).
Gus now gobbles about two dozen crickets in less then 10 mins....I'm beginning to believe that he has a bottomless pit for a stomach!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom