new owner 2 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkerbelle

I have a 4 year old that I just got. His owner wasn't able to keep him. I have two questions. First Jack's tank is in the living room across the room from the TV. He seem to spent a lot of time staring at the TV. Is that harmful to him. Second question he seem's to love standing on his back legs and jumps up and down. Glad I found your group, and thank you for your help.

Teri

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new beardie. 8)

I hadn't heard that it is harmful for beardies to watch TV. Our do too, from time to time, but their vivs aren's directly across from it. They seem to like the bright colors and listening to different sounds.

When you said that Jack stands on his back legs and jumps.......does he do this as he scratches the glass, if so, this is called "glass dancing." They all seem to do it from time to time and could mean that they want to get out and run around, have to take a poo, but don't want to do it in their viv, or perhaps he sees his reflection & is reacting to it. If it is the latter, you may want to cover the sides of the viv, if it seems like he is getting stressed out.

If you want to read up on beardie care, there is a wonderful caresheet at the top of this forum that has all the necessary info and then some.........

The people in this forum are great and have lots of knowledge, so if any questions, just ask away. Good luck with Jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom