Hello to everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojorisin

I am a new bearded dragon owner (gray). Glad to find you all here and the great information available. I am pretty well set after reading a couple of books, but the thing I couldnt find anywhere was if the dragons prefer to be alone or have a mate. The one I have is around three months old and is doing well. From the information on this site I believe it is a female. Could someone please inform me on their social preferances. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mojo

NintendoVixen79

Gray-bearded Member
They should be kept alone.
*Sometimes* 2 females of the same size will get along OK. But 2 males will fight, and a male & female will fight and overbreed when kept together. In both these cases there is often a death if not taken care of soon enough.
Welcome to the group :)

barti1

Gray-bearded Member
Beardies aren't really social animales, they like to be alone, so one would be perfect! Welcome to the forum! How big is your little guy/girl?

mojorisin

Original Poster
Im pretty sure its a she. She is about 8 or 9 inches long now, and getting bigger every day. It is pretty amazing how fast they grow.

Thanks,
Mojo[/img]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom