Decided...getting a beardie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all so much for your input, I have decided to get a beardie. Went into the pet store last night to have another luck...they really are fantiastic, i was really taken back by them. I spent 4 /5 minutes looking at teh cham and thought, this is all i can do with this guy if i get him...so..Beardie it is.

Couple of questions, if you don't mind because I prefer to get info from people with "no stake in my purchase" and take everything the pet store guy says very lightly. (Im a bit cautious like that being Irish i suppose).

the Beardie he has in store is 7 weeks old. How big should he be at that age (I realise its like asking how long is a piece of string), Im afriad incase its an older one thats sort of the runt of the litter asuch. In another store, the one they had was being sold as a 7 Month old beardie, but to be honest, I didn't see a lot of difference in size. Maybe just an inch and a half difference?

Also, Am I better getting a male or female. The store guy says its nearly impossible to tell at that age, is this true? Good online resource for this so i can tell my self would be helpful.

Last question. He is trying to sell me a 2ft x 2ft x 2ft Viv. I know this must be too small. He mentioned something about being able to catch their food easier. IF they require a smaller cage at that age, is it ok to buy the big one 4ft x 2ft x 2ft and section it off, gradually making it bigger over time? I presume 4x2x2 is adequate for even an adult dragon. I really don't want to skimp on cages, I have always been a firm believer that bigger is better!

Thanks a lot for your help guys & girls.
Iain

PS. Look forward to putting a pic or 2 up when i get my little guy.

maelstrom

Hatchling Member
Wow thats awesome!!! Congrats on your decision!! Im sure you wont be dissapointed or regret a thing.
I would definatly go with the 4x2x2 viv as like you said it can be sectioned off into a smaller one until he gets bigger if need be.
You seem to have a good idea what your doing already in not trusting petstore workers and it seems like youve done your research so i say go for it :D
and again. Congratulations!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom