Family Beardy

Status
Not open for further replies.

maelstrom

Hatchling Member
congratulations on your beardie :D Its really too bad that petstores are constantly giving out false information that harms the animals to make a quick buck.. I bet if they sold play sand at a petstore then calcisand would be banished forever like it should be..
I really want to applaud how much work you put into making your beardie as healthy and safe as possible!!! If all beardie owners were so eager to learn and cared as much for their animal as you then the world would be a better place for our little bundles of cold blooded joy :)
I really love yer new setup as im sure Phoenix does!@~!
Keep us updated on how hes doing!! :D again i applaud you.

INamedHimPhoenix

Original Poster
Today my girlfriend and I decided it was time to give Phoenix his first bath with us as his new parents. We asked for some advice on a bathing forum to get some information on to how do it properly. (We did it pretty good!)

At first he took it fairly well, we made sure that the water was luke-warm and that it wasn't over his shoulders. He seemed to being enjoying. Drinking the water and allowing us to clean him as best as we could. We did so for about 5 minutes because he started to get anxious so we took him out and dried him off as best as possible, he seemed a little aggitated so we let him go back in his tank.

Later I read that they should be bathed for 10-15 mins? So we got out a tuberware container and again luke-warm water and only shoulders heigth. He seemed to take it better when there was a washcloth under neath him. Suggesting that he was more comfortable with it there so he didn't feel like he was going to slip. He allowed us to bath him again for about another 5 minutes, and wanted back out.

We let him wonder around the bathroom floor, as we dried him as best as we could. Phoenix walked around for a little while and decided to crawl under and on to my girlfriends lap. She pet and pet him and he calmed right down and actually was enjoying himself so much he started to clothes his eyes and relax allowing us to keep him out of his tank. We loved that he chilled out with us!

He cuddled with us for a good 45 minutes! :D As we pet and rubbed him we noticed that he is definately shedding, so as we made a complete pet form his head to his tail, the dry, dead skin did fall off.

Phoenix is turning colors again! As of right now, there are vibratant colors of orange and yellows around his eyes and ears! This is so exciting!

maelstrom

Hatchling Member
sounds like you're gonna have yourself one happy beardie there!
I cant wait till i get my little guy and start giving him baths hehe.. Should they be a certain age before you start bathing them does anyone know?

INamedHimPhoenix

Original Poster
I really don't know if there is an specific age. I would amagin that the earlier you start the better it will be later? but dont take my word on that i really dont know, i'm very new to being a mommy to a BD.

My boy Phoenix is about 6-9 months old and he seems to like baths real well now, he pooped in it this morning, which i hear is very good.

How old is your BD?

NintendoVixen79

Gray-bearded Member
I started bathing Ridley right away. I figured I should get him used to the facts of beardie life from the start rather than letting him spend too long getting used to basking and eating then be in shock when his first bath was tossed at him :)
He was less than 3 3/4" the day I brought him home. I started his baths the next day and he was a bit skittish at first, but by the 2nd bath he was very calm.

shadi11

BD.org Addict
wow hes tiny.. but as long as you up the food intake he will start growing and can get to his normal size. i have a 6 month old dragon that is 8 1/4 inches she was 7 3/4 when i got her. she weighed 27 grams now shes 56.. i have had her a month.. my 5 month old is almost 2 of her.. hes 16 inches and 249 grams.. just feed as much as he will take 2 to 3 times a day like said and that list someone gave you is great for veggies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom