Hello From a New Beardie Mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disneyphile

Hi there!

My name's Teresa, and my fiance and I were gifted with a matched pair of week-old babies about a month ago - Smaug and Norbert.

Our friends rescue beardies, and one was pregnant, so they ended up with more beardies, and offered us two of them.

So far, they're doing fantastic. Here is their photo taken a couple days after we got them:

s640x480

(Yes, that is oats as a substrate - fun for them to dig in, and it's fully digestible. They don't like the taste of it though, so they've already learned to spit it out. Heh.)

We recently acquired a new enclosure - 4'x2'x2' that we purchased used, and we're fixing it up a little nicer. We'll be sure to post pictures once it's complete. They won't be going into it for about another month though. (I think we'd lose 'em in all that space!! :lol: )

And, here's another photo that I "enhanced" from a shot of Norbert standing against the glass. I turned him into a lounge lizard. ;) :

0008fegx

momofonebeardie

BD.org Addict
Welcome and congrats on the new babies.]
I am not able to see the pics. Please make sure that if you are using the same enclosure that you put a divider down the middle. You do not want siblings to breed.
Even if they are not related you do not want a female to breed until after about 18-24 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom