Need Help please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went today and got my beardie some Vita Sand for his cage and I took the carpet out .. When I put Spike back in his home with the new Vita sand, he started eating it?
Is this good?? Should I take it out and put carpet back in...
He seems so comfy in the sand, He lays right where the heating blanket is.
He loves the warmth on his belly?
I am concerned because I dont want to have him impacted, the sand is super fine and even asked the guy at Petco, if the sand was ok.. He said No Problem?
Could someone please write me back..
Thanks~ Spikesmama :?:

spikesmama

Original Poster
spikesmama":92563 said:
I went today and got my beardie some Vita Sand for his cage and I took the carpet out .. When I put Spike back in his home with the new Vita sand, he started eating it?
Is this good?? Should I take it out and put carpet back in...
He seems so comfy in the sand, He lays right where the heating blanket is.
He loves the warmth on his belly?
I am concerned because I dont want to have him impacted, the sand is super fine and even asked the guy at Petco, if the sand was ok.. He said No Problem?
Could someone please write me back..
Thanks~ Spikesmama :?:

jaws_of_life

Juvie Member
If hes eatin sand you risk impaction... GET IT OUT.. Id suggest if you want sand... buy some of that play sand and let him play in it making sure he doesnt eat it and try and wheen him too it so he doesnt eat it later on

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Pet stores will say anything to make a sale... unfortunately most don't care about your beardie's health, only about making a profit. I would get the sand out of there right away and switch back to carpet. Impaction is a nasty thing and can be fatal - its not worth the risk.

Chris

BD.org Addict
i agree with getting the sand out!!

maybe he started scoffing into it cos hes wanting some calcium (its calcium enriched sand). i used to put little piles of teh pink label repcal powder along the girls logs fro them to lick up if they wanted somethign extra, but having it in teh sand is a bad idea..regardless of how fine it is it forms a cement plug so they cant go.
even normal sand has its risks, but i'm willing to chance them and keep a good eye out fro regular poos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom