I just got my first breadie

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixiestix

Hi I just recently joined this forum. I bought my first beardie on April 30 2006 he is five months old 9 inches long. I named him Haku (after the river spirit in spirited away) currently he is eating 30-40 2 week old crickets a day and about 1 teaspoon of his salad of mustard greens, dandelion greens, endive, butternut squash and rep-cal juvenile dragon food. Crickets are dusted 6 feeds a week with calcium powder and once a week with multivitamins. I’m using a 160 watt mega-ray MVB for heat and uva/uvb. Cool side temps are 79-82 basking spot is 100 – 112 and he gets a bath every second day. I had him on cal-sand before I read how bad it is (the pet store where I got him had him on cal-sand since the day he hatched. His parents live in the store) he is now on non adhesive shelf paper. I am so glad that this form is here other wise I would not have known how bad cal-sand is.

I have two questions:

Is there anything I am doing wrong?

What can I do with the cal-sand beside throw it out? Could I use it to sand my side walk in the winter?

Haku
100_6131.jpg

100_6118.jpg

101_6125.jpg

after his bath tonight
100_6130.jpg

watching cars out side
100_6127.jpg

sleeping
100_6115.jpg

Chris

BD.org Addict
i heard people use it to fill potholes and stuff, actually, i remember reading someones pothole was still filled after hurricane Katrina had passed!
its tough stuff!!! :lol:

umm,..it all sounds really good! youve obviously done your research!!

some people get a fecal test done as soon as they get them so they dont run into parasite probs.

you can take him out into the natural sun fro a boost during summer.

if he gets sick of crix, roaches and silkies are other options.

but all in all, youre setup sounds great!!!!

i love the name too, very original! :lol:

Akeath

Gray-bearded Member
Ah, it's so refreshing to hear someone list off excellent care straight off. Thankyou! He's very photogenic isn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom