Soon to be Beardie owner!Pic of Viv and Baby Beadie(newpics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maelstrom

Hatchling Member
Hello Everyone.
This is i think my first post he-he.. So ill give a little back story before i go on about my forthcoming baby... My girlfriend and i(22 and 27 respectively) are total animal lovers.. Shes getting her masters in Environmental Sciences and im a graphic designer.. Anyhow at xmas time i decided id like to get her something a little different than the usual crap that gets forgotten about by the end of January so i thought well why not get a new addition to our little family. So i got a tank and everything i needed and surprised her with everything but the Beardie xmas morning.. It took me forever to track down a breeder but one day by stroke of luck i happened on this very beardie forum and made a post about my situation.. Well lo and behold within an hour i had a reply by someone(Thank you SO SO SO much Solo's Mom!!) who lives not 10 minutes from me and has a beardie!!!!! She gave me the name of a breeder and i could barely contain myself.. Anyhow i got ahold of the breeder and BAM... 4 months until the next babies would be born...
:*-(
So after a lot of patience and research we decided if we were going to have to wait we might as well make good use of our time and we ended up building a 4'x2'x2' vivarium out of oak pine.

IMG_0548.jpg

he-he Thats also our 9 month old kitty Hunter... (our 3 year old calico is camera shy he-he)
IMG_0550.jpg

I am picking up some black shale tile this weekend as well as a bigger lamp for the top and another UV light to put in the far corner so i can have 2 pointing toward eachother..

Well.. we only have 20 more days to go now and i just received an email last night from our breeder containing some pics of our little hatchling who just poked his head out for the first time on Friday.. :D So without further adieu here is "Falcor" our new lil baby we just cant wait to get home!!! :D

inhand.jpg

babybeardie.jpg

and this has to be the pic im going to get framed ha ha.. Our lil guy poking his head out for the first time!! Hes the one on the right!

hatchlings.jpg

We cant wait now.. It seems like its been soooo long coming and the time is now almost here!! he-he.. I just want to thank everyone for their posts and while i haven't been posting ive been actively reading everything i can from you posters and the info we have learned has been invaluable..! Thank You All!!!!! :( :(

ncbeardies

Sub-Adult Member
Falcor is just precious! It is definitely worth the wait to get a healthy baby from a good breeder. Congratulations on your little one. He is a cutie.

jaws_of_life

Juvie Member
Is that glass on the top where you put the light??? The only thing that will go through glass is plain light and little heat... glass absorbs UV rays as well as fare amounts of heat... I would suggest replacing the glass with wire mesh... if you look at some of the other posts on enclosers you will have a good idea on how to do things... I would also suggest having one bulb of UVB and another for heat (spot light)... that way your beardie a ample light, heat when it wants it and the needed UV rays :D ... but the little guy looks cute anyway so good luck!!!

maelstrom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hey :) thanks for the comments!
No thats not glass i have on the top its actually 1/4" wire mesh :) and i have my UVB lights on the insides of the Viv so there wont be any issues about the wire stopping the UVB light from getting through :)

jaws_of_life

Juvie Member
sweet sounds good and looks good... it looks like glass cause the light hides the pin holes... you seem to know what you need :D

NintendoVixen79

Gray-bearded Member
Great job on the enclosure!!!
And your little baby is absolutely adorable! What a lovely golden-yellow color he is!

arroqueen

HOW IS THE BABY DOING. I KNOW HOW EXCITED YOU ARE ABOUT YOUR BABY. THEY ARE EVERYTHING GREAT YOU HAVE HEARD ABOUT THE LITTLE DRAGONS
I HAVE A CLUTCH HATCHING. MY FIRST EXP. AND IT IS SOOO EXCITING
THEY LOOK AROUND AND WATCH T.V.[/i]

wickdinnocence

Hatchling Member
welcome!! My beardie was already an adult when I got her, and my new baby will be with me next week. So we will have to swap stories because I've never had a baby one before. But I must say, they are lovely wonderful creatures. You should look at the video in the general discussion, its great. Its an adult running around.

Solo's Mom

Gray-bearded Member
I can hardly wait for you to get your little guy! I'm so coming over to meet Solo's little cousin lol. It'll be great to have anotehr beardie owner so close in the area!!

Sean2kool

WOW... Very Nice Viv...

Looks Great..

1 Question to every one... i have heard Different opinions...That a Viv. like that Seems Way 2 Large 4 a Baby Beardie...

I have heard: That baby beardies should have a small enviorment so they can find food easy and grow and adapt to there enviorment.. and not be too overwhelmed...

Though i do see there isn't much in there so thats good.. so i myself don't think he will get overwhelmed and will be able to find his food very easily...
Witch To My knowlage That is Great.. and then you don't have to worry about changing tanks...Spending more money...and or Stressing out the beardie with a Hole New Enviorment... Just Add More Stuff and Bigger funner things as he gets bigger...
( and that is my opinion on the subject...)

but yeah... Just Bringin this Topic up.. 4 the New lil guy... and Every one else... ( my self included )
I'm Still learning new things...every day... But Let me know wut every one thinks.. and let me know if My opinion is good... or Not... -lol-

:D

maelstrom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hey thanks for the comments everyone :D I get my baby Falcor THIS FRIDAY!!! haha.. My gf and i can barely contain our excitement!! hehe

Sean: Yah i wondered that myself! Right now i have some rocks and driftwood i got at the beach(all cooked and sanitized) and a few fake fauna so its not too busy in there at the moment.. I think if i find hes getting too stressed ill end up sanctioning off part of the viv just till he gets a little bigger.

Wickdinnocence: Id love to swap stories with you once i get the lil guy!! hehe
I come to this forum daily just to read stories of how everyones dragons are doing hehe. For the most part im a voyeur but im sure once i get my baby ill be making plenty of posts hehe. I just watched that video like 20 minutes ago too haha.. It was totally precious. I laughed out loud a couple times.. The running back n fourth thing was just hilarious! haha.

Kaila: this is pretty much all thanks to you!! If i hadnt ventured on this forum and asked if anyone knew of a breeder near the nova scotia area and if by chance you had never seen that post and replied that you live 5 minutes away from me and got yer beardie from a breeder in NB i would most likely still be looking or spending atleast $300 dollars(yup thats what they charge for malnutritioned uncared for beardies at petsunlimited here in NovaScotia). You are always more than welcome to come check out Solos little brother :) (same parents ;-)) hehe

Solo's Mom

Gray-bearded Member
*bows* You're welcome, you're welcome lol. I was more then happy to help out! I need more beardie buddies around :D Falcor is going to have some awesome parents and has one snazzy home to live in!!

Sean: Some people say t ogive them a small environment, but I put Solo right into his large tank and I watched him closely and he basked normally - it is a worry if you give them a lot of space and they don't stick around their basking spot and go curl up in a small area. Many people here have put their baby beardies into large enclosures and just jept a close eye on them. They seem to be fine even with the big adjustment.

hey... uhm I'm about to be a.... 'mom' soon-ish...too heh.. I'm new here and I guess I should tell my story aswell?

K... well I turned 13 in April... and uhm... went to a psycologist because my mom thought something was wrong.. and it turns out I'm Bi Polar! Of course after finding that out I kind of got depressed... and my psycologist thought I should get an animal for... some kind of therapy I can't remember what she said. And now I had a problem. My mom is allergic to everything with fur or feathers.. and that pretty much left me with reptiles and fish. I already have a fish (<3 Pomplemousse) but contrary to popular belief... they don't stay 'soothing' very long. Actually, watching a fish swim around a bowl like everything's new every time is INFURIATING! So, we decieded I needed a reptile. Buuuuut, I live with my grandparents and mom (my dad has... another life) and my grandma has already told me, and I quote "YOU LET A FROG OR SNAKE GET WITHIN 10 FEET OF THIS HOUSE, AND YOU'RE GOING IN THE SHED!" I never actually thought to tell her that the shed is in face withinn 10 feet of the house... actually... it's right next to her bedroom window. But anyways... I was picking my brother up from daycare (my mom drove.. not me :( ) and I noticed they had a snake. I love snakes, so I sat and watched it for a bit. And then one of my brother's daycare providers asked if I was interested in reptiles... and of course I said yes. She told me that she was a bearded dragon breeder (try saying that 10x fast) and that her dragons were about to lay eggs. I told my mom who went and pre-ordered one, and what I have been told is that on Tuesday of this week, the dragons had... laid? LaYd? uhm.... burried eggs. So... in a few months I'm getting a bearded dragon! WOW long story! Uhm... well... do you mean this Friday that you two are getting your dragon? If so... congratulations... and uhm... you'll have to tell me about your meeting! I'll tell you about mine... when that forever-in-the-future day comes!!

OOPS! WOW I'm behind! That was February! Lol Uhm.. you still have to tell me about your first actual meeting.. well you don't have to but.. I'd like it :) lol sorry about that :oops: :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom