Hi !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oppie1

Hatchling Member
Hey everyone!
My name is Ryan and I will be a proud beardie owner soon. I have done about 3 weeks worth of research on here and my girlfriend has a bunch of lizards, so I think I will do okay :).
I have a 55 gallon aquarium and some other goodies that should make their way to my door in the next week or so.

I never thought that I would grow to like a lizard, but I fell in love with this little guy the moment I saw him. His name is Rickets and he has had MBD since he was a little baby and he is now three years old. Here he is after my g/f and I gave him a bath. The red glow was from the overhead heat lamps in the bathroom....

0428061200.jpg

0428061201.jpg

0428061209.jpg

0428061211.jpg

madrush

Juvie Member
I love the name! :headbang: He is so cute. I have always loved the underdog. I almost adopted a three legged dragon but the gentleman gave him to a little boy who was handicaped so I thought that was a sweet idea. Is Rickets going to be OK?

Oppie1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm not sure if he will be okay.. I mean he has had MBD for three years now and seems to be alright.. His condition doesn't seem to be deteriorating, although I can see that he gets really stiff sometimes. We put him in the bath and things loosen up a little.
I'm sure he won't live as long as a 100% healthy dragon, but so far so good. He seems alert, but doesn't really move at all. The only time he moves is when it is feeding time. I try and injure or chill the crickets so they don't move as fast. Little Rickets eventually squirms his way there and gets em’ lol.. I will take video of it some time and post it, it’s a riot. We are being entertained at the poor little guys expense lol :laughing6:

I can't wait to get a dragon or two of my own. They really are so damn cute and seem to be a lot of fun. I will most likely be buying some more supplies this week to get ready. I need to finish a few projects I have going at the house so I'm not overwhelmed for their arrival.

Sekhautet

BD.org Sicko
Rickets is lucky to have you. They can get over MBD ... Just hang in there and wait and see what happens. 8)

Oppie1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He's a cutie. Took him outside today and he was squirming his way through the grass lol. I wish I could have stayed outside all day with him, but unfortunately I have other things to do :? ..
We put her youngest beardie in with him today. They seem to get along together. They will sit side by side and just chill. I'm a little scared to leave them until 8:00 alone, but for the past 5 hours they have been fine.
The little guy has killed another beardie, but when they were both very small. Rickets is at least twice the size of the little guy, so I think everything should be okay.

Sorry for the crappy pics, but my cell phone HATES the sun.

0430061109a.jpg

0430061221.jpg

0430061226.jpg

Sekhautet

BD.org Sicko
Since the little guy is aggressive, have you thought of separating them? I say this because size doesn't always dictate who will bully who in the animal world. Sometimes it's about personality as well. And beardies can do horrible damage to each other.

Both of them are cute. I have to say, I have a soft spot for Rickets, though. 8)

Oppie1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
They have both been separated until now.
Little guy has outgrown his tank and needs to stretch his legs. They have been together since 9:00 this morning and all seems well. I caled my g/f and she said she didn't find any signs of anyone being hurt when she came home about an hour ago.
I am a little worried, but the little guy seems a tad intimidated and keeps his distance from Rickets for the most part. He does go near him every once and awhile, but they don't get aggresive when near each other.
The little guy loves the bigger cage though. He is so much more active and he love to climb and jump in the little trees lol. Rickets just watches him and it seems to keep him amused since he can't do any of that.
Do if you think they should remain separated? I can build the same cage as Rickets in an afternoon, make a few mods, and stack them easily if I have to.

Oppie1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well they are going to spend one more day together and then little guy is going back in his old cage tonight. I am going to stop at home depot tonight and start building 8)

NotKeith

Hatchling Member
I've been kicking around this site for a few months now, ever since I got my dragons, but have a question. What does MBD stand for? I gather it's some sort of disease, maybe even one I know about, just not the abbreviation.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
My baby has MBD too, but he is recovering well with a new MVB, calcium supplements, and of course lots of love! Rickets is adorable, and he is lucky to have you to look after him. Welcome!

madrush

Juvie Member
Let Rickets know that we are all rooting for him and tell him to keep his beard up. With lots of love and tenderness along with clacium and UVB rays theres no telling what Rickets will be able to do in the future. Can't wait to see the Rickets short movie, I think I can , I think I can, tee hee! You and your girlfriend are special people and like everyone else here has stated, he is lucky to have found you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom