New Proud Beardie Owner from SoCal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasup guys?! Just got my new Beardie yesterday here in SoCal. Got it from a breeder. Caliente Dragons here in Rancho Cucamonga... they've been breeding for just two years so thgey are still I think getting there.

By the way, how long until my beardie adjusts to his new home? he's born last March 1, so i guess he is around 6 weeks young. How much do I need to feed him?

Thanks guys! This Forum is great!!!! 8)

DragonBall

Original Poster
Here he is.... about 7-8in. long at7 or 8 weeks... he's great!!! but as I said he is still adjusting to his new home... is that normal too?

homer8.jpg

homer7.jpg

homer6.jpg

homer5.jpg

homer4.jpg

homer3.jpg

homer2.jpg

homer1.jpg

Zoey

Sub-Adult Member
He's a cutie! :D What's his name? My beardie was about the same age and size when I first got him. It took him almost a week to adjust to his new home. Not eating... but he came around. I guess every beardie is different though.

DragonBall

Original Poster
Zoey":8b16b said:
He's a cutie! :D What's his name? My beardie was about the same age and size when I first got him. It took him almost a week to adjust to his new home. Not eating... but he came around. I guess every beardie is different though.

Thanks! Its nice to have this Forum to call home.... eheheh! By the way his name is "HOMER" Im a big Simpsons fan! ehehe!

Sekhautet

BD.org Sicko
Homer ... ROFLMAO ... He's got a big reptuation to live up to then? Can he even eat that much as a Simpson? :lol: :lol:

DragonBall

Original Poster
Sekhautet":a28e3 said:
Homer ... ROFLMAO ... He's got a big reptuation to live up to then? Can he even eat that much as a Simpson? :lol: :lol:

LOL!!!

Uhmmm... actually I have been observing him all day. and he does eat like crazy!!! And he was the biggest in his batch! I will do everything so he will grow up to be like the great Homer Simpson! eheheheh!

Sekhautet

BD.org Sicko
DragonBall":98788 said:
Sekhautet":98788 said:

LOL!!!

Uhmmm... actually I have been observing him all day. and he does eat like crazy!!! And he was the biggest in his batch! I will do everything so he will grow up to be like the great Homer Simpson! eheheheh!

Great, just don't let him hit the beer kegs, or you'll have real trouble on your hands. :lol: :lol:

DragonBall

Original Poster
Sekhautet":93c99 said:
DragonBall":93c99 said:
Sekhautet":93c99 said:

LOL!!!

Great, just don't let him hit the beer kegs, or you'll have real trouble on your hands. :lol: :lol:

I wont! Hahahahah!!!

Chodo

Hey DragonBall, your bd almost looks identical to mine lol. But I noticed that he is lighter in color. Do you have a UVB light? If so, where did you get it? Because I also live in SoCal and I am looking to get a UVB light asap. My bd is not as light as he should be, except for when he is in his cave. Kinda wierd...

DragonBall

Original Poster
Chodo":68518 said:
Hey DragonBall, your bd almost looks identical to mine lol. But I noticed that he is lighter in color. Do you have a UVB light? If so, where did you get it? Because I also live in SoCal and I am looking to get a UVB light asap. My bd is not as light as he should be, except for when he is in his cave. Kinda wierd...

Nah... I just have a UVA Light... SUN GLO by Exo Terra.... he is really light colored... uhm... gonna ask the breeder if they have a certain line or somethin like that. coz I wasnt payin much attention about those details... ehehehe! too excited with Homer!

taransteve

Sub-Adult Member
Ahhhhh he is sooooo cute and teeny tiny..... :love5:

Congrats and welcome..... :wave: Seuzy said "mama him's so cute!"..... :love10:

Zues and Seuzy both say "Hi" to Homer :wave:

Fallon

Hatchling Member
DragonBall":22255 said:
Chodo":22255 said:

Nah... I just have a UVA Light... SUN GLO by Exo Terra.... he is really light colored... uhm... gonna ask the breeder if they have a certain line or somethin like that. coz I wasnt payin much attention about those details... ehehehe! too excited with Homer!

homer will need UVB asap. do a little more reading here and you'll find how important it is. If you don't order one you'll have a very sick little guy on your hands.

He's sooo cute. He would make me want a baby but I just got one yeaterday also :lol: (sorry had to get that in there)

DragonBall

Original Poster
Ok. Thanks Fallon!!!

By the way, I found out Homer's parent's linage...

Homer's Dad is Caliente Dragons' BIG DADDY GARR (CITRUS.)
Homer's Mom is Caliente Dragons' MOMMA (Hypo Snow X Sandfire Red)

Here is BIG DADDY GAR....(he's the one in the middle!)
BigDaddyGar.jpg

He's HUGE!!!! :lol:

I will post picture of Homer's Mom when I get it from the breeder! 8)

DragonBall

Original Poster
taransteve":3cffa said:
Ahhhhh he is sooooo cute and teeny tiny..... :love5:

Congrats and welcome..... :wave: Seuzy said "mama him's so cute!"..... :love10:

Zues and Seuzy both say "Hi" to Homer :wave:

Hihihi! Thanks! :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom