New mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

madrush

Juvie Member
Hi, my name is Tracie Meany and I am about to be the proud mom of two female beardies (see below). Can anyone tell me if the following enclosure will work for them for about a month until their 4x2x2 enclosure is ready? I have checked the heat temp and it gets to about 116 in the basking area and about 83 in the cool spot. They should be here later this week. My guy is shipping them out today. Oh and thanks so much for this forum, I have learned so much here and I'm sure it will make my babies happy to know that their mom has read up on how to spoil them rotten :lol:
Thanks Tracie

Angel
lizzardone.jpg

Molly
lizzard2.jpg

Their temporary home
cage1.jpg

Solo's Mom

Gray-bearded Member
It is fine for now, the sooner they can get into the bigger thank th ebetter. And be sure you hold onto the tank that they are currently in because sometimes females will fight and you'll need to separate them permanintly and that tank could be a temp home for one of them while you get another larger tank.

madrush

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Whew, Thanks for the reply, I was starting to think that no one here wanted to talk to me. The new enclosure will be here on the 12th of May. I will keep a close eye on them. They have supposidly been in the same tank since birth and have bonded well so hopefull this will continue.

Thanks again

Sekhautet

BD.org Sicko
Sounds good so far. Just keep an eye on them for fighting and separate them. There have a been a lot of sad dragon injuries we've read on the boards. Dragons are really solitary animals who are territorial. They love people, but like their own space to live in. You might look at separating them before they even start fighting even. They can be pretty nasty when they fight. Though they're so cute, aren't they? Can't wait to see pics of them in their new home. You must be excited. 8)

madrush

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Wow, Tatsu's mom, your like a celebrity around here! tee hee...I feel very honored to have your input. I most definatley will watch them. The gentleman that I bought them from said they have bonded quite well but if I even suspect some misbehavior going on I will seperate them immedatley. I can only hope that my babies grow up to be the superstar your son has become. :wink:

Sekhautet

BD.org Sicko
madrush":4915f said:
Wow, Tatsu's mom, your like a celebrity around here! tee hee...I feel very honored to have your input. I most definatley will watch them. The gentleman that I bought them from said they have bonded quite well but if I even suspect some misbehavior going on I will seperate them immedatley. I can only hope that my babies grow up to be the superstar your son has become. :wink:

Ummm ... I'm just a person with a dragon who's been on the forum awhile. That's it ... Nothing special ... If Tatsu weren't such a sassy brat, I wouldn't have so many things to post. :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm glad to be of help to you and your dragon. That's what we're all here for. 8)

madrush

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well the two beardies that I posted early in the message I choose to cancel the deal and not buy them. I just was not convienced that the guy that was selling them knew how or had the ability to send my dragons in the safest manner. so i went by Petco on my way home and look what I found....

tilly1.jpg

tilly2.jpg

They say that it's a female but she really looks way too small to be able to tell. She is about 6 inches from nose to end of tail. She ate about three dusted crickets and even gave one a piggy back ride. After that she was more interested in her own shadow that the food so I took the rest out. Well I'll keep you up to date on her progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom