Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a new bearded dragon owner and I have a baby red hypo translucent leatherback! I’m so excited to be a part of beardedragon.org!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to the forum -- if you have any questions about the tank set up or lighting please ask

RedBabyBeardie

Original Poster
As far as calcium dusting goes does he/she need d3? I don’t know how much light he/she is getting. I have a 10.0 t5 hood light, with a basking spot 4 inches away from the light. Should I get the calcium dust with or without d3? (I also have a vitamin dust with d3 in it)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
W the D 3 5 x per week and vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week -- The T 5 is too close for 4" --- depending on the screen it can sit on top of screen but it MUST BE a wide hole type - 8-10 inches w/ basking decor directly below it --- if inside the tank it should be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece

RedBabyBeardie

Original Poster
So if I’m getting this right, the light is okay as long as it is top of the screen? And I need the calcium with d3 in it?

Also, is this vitamin dust okay for 2 times a week? I have zoo meds reptivite vitamins with d3. Would that work?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What kind of screen please post a pic of it--- fine mesh like a screen door it needs to be inside - if it's a wide hole type it can stay on top- the distance depends on placement-- one we figure out the screen I can tell you distance-- this is crucial- I think so for the vitamins-

RedBabyBeardie

Original Poster
Here are the pictures
cid:3FD3CE42-D5F9-4857-9B56-5C9BE03409B7
cid:BA578FF6-FBB7-41D4-922F-922A87550C3D

I think that clicking on those should take you to the photos. Let me know if that works!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes and that is a wide hole type -- make sure you have the UVB directly over the basking decor piece w/ 8-10 inches under it -- bulb will need to be changed out in one year approx I recommend a month prior to

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
please take your decor piece and lay the big stick part down on the floor w/ the big trunk part directly under the UVB --- measure how far it is from UVB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom