Introducing mushroom to the community

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImNearlyPure

Hello all I just got a bearded dragon from my niece who was moving across the states and didn’t want to bring him/her with her. So I told her I could take them in kinda of a spur of the moment. On the way back home I did some googling on what to do and how to care. So a quick trip to petco I spent around two hundred on foods and habitat stuff. I don’t really know the age of the dragon but I can assume around 8-9 months. They hate it when I pick them up they constantly spin and wiggle but when I put them on my lap they get comfortable real quick. They’ll watch tv with me for a bit and when they get tired they will climb up my shirt and fall asleep under the collar of my shirt.

Now I have a problem. I have been feeding him a small salad (mustard greens/collard greens with sliced carrots) and super worms since a week after getting him, before it was just the pellets (I did more research a saw that it was not a good idea). Well recently Mushroom has been really sluggish and haven’t really been propping them selves up with their legs kinda just resting their head on their food bowls.

I haven’t figured out how to post picture on this website but I put the pictures on a google doc
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-8lol2Resx5Lo9elZFxtWV2ESkxF1lJXCGc7aJhUBjI/edit

Am I doing something wrong or bad. I don’t want them to be sick or hurt for something I’m doing please.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok welcome to beardie world -- your doing a good job so far and yes they need salads every day --- but the TWO MOST important things in the tank are the basking temps taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and UVB --- EXTREMELY important for the health of the dragon and his behavior --- so please tell me what you have for basking temps and UVB---- please NO coils ---- you need to get a staple feeder I suggest you start getting insects /worms on line --- pet stores are unreliable for food --- please post pic of the tank so we can see what is going on -- I am thinking its the lighting in the tank -- he will go thru relocation stress but he still should be eating and the lethargic behavior is not good

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please replace the UVB bulb w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 8-- it needs to be inside the tank w/ the distance directly above the basking decor 6-8 inches-- the Reptisun bulb is way better bulb--- the fixture your using does it have a reflector? I can't tell- if it does not please get a fixture like a Zoo Med or sunblaster or Arcadia-- I would get a 24" fixture- Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or Arcadia 12% -- those are better fixtures- if you need help w/ finding them let me know I will post websites for you-- but you need to do this ASAP-- you can get a digital probe thermometer from PetSmart or Petco look for a zoo med

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom