New bearded dragon mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apanzarella

Hello! I'm a new bearded dragon mom. I've had reptiles in the past such as turtles and lizards but never a BD. I haven't named it yet because not sure of the sex although leaning towards female because it has a smaller head and narrow tail. Anyway, I've read about nightime lighting and it seems that as long as the temp doesn't go below 70 F, I shouldnt need a nightime light/heat source. I wanted some feedback from actually beardy owners. What do you all do for nightime? In the summer I'm not too worried but in the winter, I might want to add in an extra heat source. But what kind might y'all recommend? Thank you in advance!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to beardie world---- the most important thing in the tank is the basking temps taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- a long tube fixture UVB No Zillas or Thrives -- Zoo Meds Sunblasters or Arcadias are the best fixtures w/ either the Reptisun 10.0 bulbs T 5 I recommend and Arcadia 12% bulb-- and a good bright white basking bulb --- No coils of any kind No sand No colored bulbs -- you want 3 temps in the tank basking temp of 105-110 for a baby --- 95-100 for a adult juvie and 80's during the day --- night time temp nothing below 65 and over 75---- winter time you can either get a heat projector or a CHE--- ceramic heat emitter -- those are good to have on hand for winter and sick beardies -- if you need anymore help please ask -- diet / supplements etc----------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom