New bearded dragon mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apanzarella

Hello! I'm a new bearded dragon mom. I've had reptiles in the past such as turtles and lizards but never a BD. I haven't named it yet because not sure of the sex although leaning towards female because it has a smaller head and narrow tail. Anyway, I've read about nightime lighting and it seems that as long as the temp doesn't go below 70 F, I shouldnt need a nightime light/heat source. I wanted some feedback from actually beardy owners. What do you all do for nightime? In the summer I'm not too worried but in the winter, I might want to add in an extra heat source. But what kind might y'all recommend? Thank you in advance!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to beardie world---- the most important thing in the tank is the basking temps taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- a long tube fixture UVB No Zillas or Thrives -- Zoo Meds Sunblasters or Arcadias are the best fixtures w/ either the Reptisun 10.0 bulbs T 5 I recommend and Arcadia 12% bulb-- and a good bright white basking bulb --- No coils of any kind No sand No colored bulbs -- you want 3 temps in the tank basking temp of 105-110 for a baby --- 95-100 for a adult juvie and 80's during the day --- night time temp nothing below 65 and over 75---- winter time you can either get a heat projector or a CHE--- ceramic heat emitter -- those are good to have on hand for winter and sick beardies -- if you need anymore help please ask -- diet / supplements etc----------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom