My beardie Mercury is scared of baths

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssimons0203

I tried giving Mercury a bath today and he seemed okay the first time I gave him a bath, but today he was trying to get out and he was puffing up. When I went to pick him up he climbed on my arm with no hesitation and when I started petting him he calmed down. Now hes clinging to my arm and hand and wont let me put him down. How can I get him to like baths?

111417-4798736186.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would not push it--- dragons dont need daily or weekly baths unless they have pooped all over them selves -- you can mist/ spray him in the tank --- hes going to get most of his hydration thru his salads / greens hes eating --- rinse the greens before serving make sure your gut loading the crickets / or roaches your feeding as a staple feeder--- if you need more help please ask ---

ssimons0203

Original Poster
Thank you if I don't have to give him baths daily I won't. I don't want to stress him out. But I was glad he ran to me for comfort instead of darting off and hurting himself.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Just make sure you have the correct lighting in your tank ---- NO coil UVB's --- bright white basking bulb that keeps temps 105-110 taken w / a digital probe thermometer --- NO colored bulbs NO sand NO heat rocks or mats ---- if you need more help please ask

Gail

BD.org Addict
I generally bath babies at least once a week, more of a chance to drink then a actual bath.
Keep the water shallow, it only needs to cover the feet and just touch the belly.

I drip some across the head/lips and if they start licking, slowly push the head down until lips touch the water and they drink. Some dragons just don't get how to lower their head to drink.

Now that sam is a little older, I only give a bath when he is shedding, gets dirty or hasn't been eating his greens well and might need a drink. In the 2 months I've had him, he's only drank twice. I've had some dragons who never drank, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom