Surprise at the vet today

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahGekkou

Hatchling Member
So, I've had my Beardie for almost 2 years, under the assumption it was a girl and basically verified the first time I took her to the vet in late 2019.
Well, brought her to the vet today because she hasnt been eating lately (luckily got a good fecal sample that they sent off for testing), and this new vet was obviously more skilled with reptiles than the first because she confirmed 100% that my Cersei is actually a boy!
It's kinda funny because I've always been on the fence about my beardie's gender. I could never confirm the bulge(s) under the tail myself and dont own a flashlight powerful enough for me to see through the tail. The femoral pores are obvious, but the head is smaller than other male dragons I've seen, and he bobs every now and then but hardly ever black beards. So I was unsure but now we've got a definitive answer.

So here's a new introduction thread for HIM. No longer Cersei, but Cicero, and here's some cute pictures I've taken recently.
108046-537952786.jpg
108046-7287140162.jpg
108046-5618190500.jpg
108046-3930800124.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome Cicero --- you could of posted pics of his be hind and we could of helped you there sexing

SarahGekkou

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":1lu1m6d3 said:
Welcome Cicero --- you could of posted pics of his be hind and we could of helped you there sexing

Meh, it never bothered me that much. It was more of a curiosity but I was content with him being my little girl. Now instead of "girl" I'm working on calling him "buddy" and "Cic" where I would've originally called him "Cers". It's taking some getting used to but all I really care about is that he's healthy. Which he is, according to the vet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom