Companion separation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelagh

Hi, I'm new to the forum. My beardy, Bogeena, has had my nieces tortoise as company in her Viv for nearly six months as my niece is undergoing cancer treatment.
I'm worried that she may become depressed after Sheldon goes home. What are the signs and what can I do to elevate them if this happens? I'm sixty and way to old to be getting a tortoise to keep her company given how long tortoises live.
Any advice would be most appreciated

Thanks

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
To be honest the tortoise and dragon should not be housed together-- I am sorry to hear about your niece I hope she is getting better- :( But you really need to separate the two - even tho they are reptiles they have two different husbandry differences -- dragons are desert where turtles like water and humidity -- and no your dragon will not really care when the turtle leaves dragons are more a solitary animal and should not be housed w/ anything --- even their own species -- they are territorial -- they fight --

Gail

BD.org Addict
The dragon could show some signs of stress when the housing arrangement changes but it won't be because he misses the tortoise.
Dragon stress relatively easy when housing changes, they are creatures of habit so he'll need to adjust to the new situation.
He will be happier and healthier in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom