New beardie owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sbentle1

Hello, I am a new beardie owner and couldnt be more excited. I have had him for 3 months. Im thankful for your forum and all the information Ive gathered on here to help me get started. He is doing well. I have him in a 40 gallon enclosure. Uvb and basking of 95 to 100. He is 9 months old on the 11th. Eats well and is eating greens and crickets and all the good stuff you recommend. My first concern was recently when his back leg turned a grey color and after reading up it looked like shedding but after a week and no shedding at all. His leg is turning back to normal.....super weird. Have no clue and cant find anything on it except shedding info but its not. Any ideas? He is not impacted he poops pretty routinely. Thank you! ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to the forum -- please post a pic of his leg in question -- https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic --- your UVB what are you using ? Brand and bulb? where in the tank is it? Basking temps need to be taken w/a digital probe thermometer and if your using a hammock for basking decor NO IR guns they do not give accurate temps

Sbentle1

Original Poster
Best news ever!! My guy was shedding. It just started yesterday. I didnt believe it was shedding because it looked so wrong and took awhile but it was. Thank God!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom