new bearded owner, just here to say hello..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, My name is Ken. I recently picked up a new baby bearded dragon on Saturday from Petco (yeah, I know not the wisest place to buy animals) first time beardie owner.. but not new to keeping lizards/reptiles. Can't really tell what sex the beardie is being so small yet, so I just been calling him Rocko. hoping I can contribute/learn more about things on this board.

Pictures below of my setup and Rocko... I work first shift so I try to give him some crickets before I leave for work.. and then again when I come home.. so I attempt at least 2 live feedings a day but can only get him to eat a few if any.. I give him fresh greens, veggies, and some beardie buffet mixed together and left out all day... waiting on a shipment of dubias. I dust the crickets with Rep-Cal Calcium w/ D3.. and also have some Herptivite for the days I don't dust calcium. Fresh Water/Greens is always in the tank, I just remove them when I drop crickets in.

Tank - 36x18x18 Exo Terra Large Wide

Lighting - ExoTerra 75w Intense Basking Spot Bulb (Couldn't find the ZooMeds anywhere) and a Reptisun T5 10 HO with the hood mounted inside the tank.. I run the lights from 5am-7pm everyday so that gives me a chance to try feeding crickets before I run out the door at 630am.

Temperatures range from 89-95 on the hot side.. basking spot of 100-111 and a cool side temperature that ranges from 79-82 with the lights on. Humidity stays in the 20-30% range .. I know Reptile Carpet ain't the ideal substrate but that's going to be changed to either tile or non-adhesive shelf liner in the near future.

110986-4162485492.jpg

110986-5932805049.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Tank looks good -- you do need a digital probe theremometer to get a accurate basking temp tho as of now your getting ambient temps and your UVB needs to be approx 12-15 inches directly above a piece of basking decor -- please do NOT leave crickets in the tank -- they will come out and bite at nite -- I would feed them one at a time --- or two -- dubias are a better feeder anyway --- you can order some BSFL and use those as a staple as well along w the dubias use them as lures to the salad bowl - you will need a glass or ceramic bowl to keep them from getting out -- add them to the salad bowl in front of him to get his attention DO NOT dust them order large -- www.symtonbsf.com I would get rid of the pellet stuff too --- rinse your salads before serving so he gets moisture from them and make sure your insects are gut loaded - he will get some moisture from the insects but mainly the salad -- and you want him eating salads now even a little bit --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom