New tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all
I've just upgraded dracos tank to 4ft before I upgraded he was fine now I've upgraded he just wants to sit on his hammock at the cold side all day he's eating and popping OK but won't bask very long he's very comfortable at the cold side hammock but want him to go to hot end any suggestions

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What are you using for a basking lamp? NO coils you want a solid bright white bulb that keeps temps 95-110 for a adult -- UVB ? brand and bulb ? NO coils - they are inadequate for any tank -- how are you taking the basking temps? NO stick ons please --

Dannysmith1712

Original Poster
Hi
Using a normal basking bulb clear no coils
I have a thermostat probe in the middle, and 2 temp probes at either side
Cold end is 26 degrees hot end is 37 degrees and basking spot is 40 the uva is a strip light

Dannysmith1712

Original Poster
Hi
Using a normal basking bulb clear no coils
I have a thermostat probe in the middle, and 2 temp probes at either side
Cold end is 26 degrees hot end is 37 degrees and basking spot is 40 the uva is a strip light

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Basking temps are good --- what is the strip light? Brand and bulb and is there a reflector on the fixture? Where is it? top of screen or inside the tank?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so you need to get a reflector -- it is important to have one on it -- it intensifies the rays and it projects the rays downward toward him -- as of now those rays are going all over the tank -- distance is also important it should be 12-15 inches directly above him -- here is a website to get a reflector I dont know if you have the T 8 or T 5 -- the distance I gave you is for a T 5 or 12% desert bulb- if its a T 8 it should be 6-8 inches directly above him
https://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/arcadia-t8-fluorescent-reflectors/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom