Is it safe to seal tile/grout?

If you just got a new beardie, introduce your beardie to the community! If you're a newcomer, say hello and introduce yourself.

Is it safe to seal tile/grout?

Postby Shanrese » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:06 am

Hello, I currently have tile that isn’t grouted in my terrarium which means every time he poops I have to
take the tile out to clean under it since he always poops on a crack. So I want to grout it and seal it. I found a “green” sealer. Has anyone else grouted and if so did you seal it? What product did you use? The last thing I want to do is hurt Max. Thanks for any help.

Shannon
Shanrese
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Is it safe to seal tile/grout?

Postby KarrieRee » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:56 am

I have tile in my tanks but I have not grouted or sealed them --- if you ever have to do a deep clean like say for Coccidia you would not be able to get the tile out -- so I have put some thick blue shop paper towels from Walmart under the tiles in the tank -- it catches all the watery urate so when cleaning I can pull the tile if they poop on the crack most times they do not but it does happen so I pull the tile and pull the paper towel and replace - the tile I clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 --
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Introductions