Is my bearded dragon okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So to say the full story with my bearded dragon we are a little short on money, the reason I write here is to make sure he is okay so my bearded dragon is 14months old and sadly still in a 20gallon tank. You see I’ve done research and it said the size of your tank can cause you bearded dragon to not grow now I’m worried because I really love and care for him and I mostly worry for death. I will do my best to save up for a new tank for my lovely Oscar. But I’m super worried that he is not happy and is going to die. Although when I feed him or let him run around on my bed or Just let him chill on my shoulder he seems fairly happy when I do that. I also have received a pretty big pen it has flooring along with walls and he seems to like it when I put him in that with some of his kibble treats. In the end I’m writing to ask is he okay is he happy is he going to die. I’m super worried please provide me with advice. :(
Also I will try to get a image here I am new to this website still figuring out how to use it.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Enclosure size and UVB are two very important areas to focus on when caring for a dragon. A 20g enclosure is much too small for an adult dragon and it should be replaced as soon as you can. The most cost effective way of doing this is to build your own enclosure either from scratch or by re-purposing a large piece of furniture that has inner dimensions of at least 4'x2'x2'. If you check through the enclosures and DIY forums here you can get some good ideas for how to go about doing this.

If you don't have any other animals in the house then I suggest time outside the enclosure to roam around (supervised) and some time in a window sill to look outside. If the weather is warm where you are, then time outside in the natural sunlight is also great for them.

The other component I mentioned is UVB. Proper UVB exposure is critical to their health and wellbeing. I would set aside some money to invest in a high quality bulb and fixture if you don't already have one in place.

If you can post some photos of your dragon and his setup it may be helpful for providing further suggestions. You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom