Yoshi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mch4me

I just took over guardianship of a baby bearded dragon that was my sons, and I am pretty confident that my son was not caring for the baby in the proper way as for example not feeding him calcium only feeding him meal worms not bathing him not showing him individual attention he does have the proper lighting did feed him meal worms only and from what he says was giving him water daily. The baby is very familiar with me because I made it a point to be at my sons house as much as I possibly can, and every time I visit I give him a bath I cuddle him I clean the bottom of his tank I introduce him to new vegetables and fruits, Which my son does not and I do what I can. Recently my son offered me to take the bearded dragon and keep him for myself, and where I reside it just not an option, but my sister who lives three or four blocks away has for adult bearded dragons a chameleon frogs etc. her husband breeds their food they’re very well taken care of they rescue and so on. So they were accepting of keeping Yoshi, is my my babies name, so I picked him up from my sons yesterday late afternoon, and took him to my sisters, not too sure when the last feeding was given, nor do I know when he was given water last,because I haven’t been able to be at my sons house, For about a month maybe three weeks, anyhow I’m really worried,I am sick to my stomach with worry, I don’t know how to create a comfort zone for my baby, he hasn’t touched any water since I got him there he hasn’t eaten anything he’s acting very peculiar he doesn’t move from one spot the whole entire time, I’ve taken him out of the cage several times to hold him and pet him and let him feel secured and he just sleeps on me but I’m really scared because I know my son wasn’t caring for him properly, not to say that he was doing it deliberately, but he wasn’t caring for him properly so I don’t know if I’m over thinking it or if he could actually be damaged by what was not done for him I just feel really sick inside like a separation issue every time I have to walk out of the room or leave him to go home or what not, I can’t stop worrying or crying feeling fear that he’s not OK. He’s in the right place for good care plus I’m down the street and going to be around him constantly but I don’t know if there’s already some damage done he just looks lethargic like he doesn’t move around he won’t eat or drink I don’t know if this is normal behavior considering I changed his environment bringing him from my sons to a new place to live. If anybody has Any suggestion or feedback I would much appreciate it thanks for listening.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They are tough little ones and can bounce back from a lot. With a healthy diet and proper lighting and good care, which it sounds like he's getting with your sister, he has a good shot at living a happy life. If you can provide some photos of him and his current setup I'll be glad to review to make sure nothing stands out as a potential issue if you'd like.
You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply.

Moved by moderator from Advanced Discussion to Introductions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom