Ave

Status
Not open for further replies.

RachaelAnn

Ave all,

I've never been good at introductions, but here goes.

As you can already see, my name is RachaelAnn. My first name is Jennifer, but apparently that name was taken, so I used my middle name to sign up.

I'm a bit of a newbie with bearded dragons, but I have two beautiful beardies, named Edgar and Lenore. One male and one female, and no I have no intentions of trying to breed, as I have no clue how to go about that safely. Also when they were younger, the people I got them from had been keeping them in the same tank, and the female bit off part of the males tail. I knew already that keeping two together is a bad idea as they're solitary creatures, like most reptiles as I have had several different kinds of reptiles in the past.

My dragons aren't my only pets. I also have 4 dogs, 2 birds, and 10 rats. So it's a bit of a zoo here. Rats are literally sacred to me, but that is a discussion for another time.

About myself, I am rather cold and abrasive. A name I have had for more than 20 years is The Blackangel, and it is well deserved. People often ask why, and all I can tell them is to get to know me and it will become clear. Everyone has agreed that it did come clear. I am also very cynical. But despite all that I am also very civil unless the situation calls for something else. I am here to learn, interact with other dragon lovers, and if it happens, make a friend or two. I'm not a people person, but if I'm in a situation where I can be educated, I put that aside, as I believe education is the greatest thing one can achieve. I don't kiss ass, and I don't want anyone kissing mine, as that is something I can't stand. Give it to me straight whether I'm going to like it or not. If it hurts my feelings in any way, tough luck. I don't sugar coat, nor do I beat around the bush, and I don't want anyone doing it with me.

I think that sums it up for an introduction. Any and all questions are welcome, within reason of course. I'm an open book.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Welcome! Nothing wrong with a healthy dose of cynicism. It is a useful trait when it comes to your pets and getting things for them. The typical chain pet store should have a bucket of salt added to any recommendations given. It is more tricky when you have exotic pets because there is specialized care, food, and equipment for basic health needs.

This forum is nice with people more active and some less (I am less active at times) and there are some varied opinions. Everyone wants to see people who give their dragons the best life. Get those basic health needs down. Then add enrichment for your beardies. Edgar and Lenore are sweet names, very nice.

RachaelAnn

Original Poster
I agree that pet stores should be taken with a grain of salt. They're not the be-all-end-all of every pet, but you have to make due with what you have available. For my dragons, I typically just buy crickets and some blue worms for them. I'm having a brain fart at the moment, and can't remember the exact name of the worms. There are 3 pet stores here in my town. One is a small local shop, and the other two are PetCo, and PetSmart. PetCo has almost nothing but dog supplies. PetSmart on the other hand caters (at least a little bit) to pretty much every pet you can get. Within reason anyway. They don't really help with large predators. Things like alligators, bears, tigers, and hyenas. Why people think they can domesticate those creatures in one generation is beyond me, but to each their own.

Also, it should be fairly obvious where I chose my dragon's names from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom