Feedback about Augie needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Augie13

110176-2870754781.jpg
Hello my name is Faith I am new to the whole beardie/reptile world. I got Augie Dec. 16th 2020 a few days later I weighed and measured him, he was 12g and 5.75in. Augie is now 7in and 22g. My best guess is he is around 2-3 months old. I was wondering if anyone could verify that for me and if he is growing at a good pace. He is also mid shed right now he still has full head and back to go. Will he get a growth spurt after shedding these parts? Does he appear to be a healthy growing boy? Here are some pictures of him, any outside look would be greatly appreciated!
110176-7397106485.jpg
110176-5270827012.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Faith, he looks great and is growing at a decent pace. :) Your guess at his age is reasonable. It would be good to share pics of your set up ,including the lights in case something needs adjusting for Auggie to stay healthy + happy. :) .

Augie13

Original Poster
110176-7770503149.jpg
He's currently in a 20g long since he's so small but I have his next tank once I feel he is ready. He has a hammock in the front right which his basking bulb is over on the screen lid. His basking spot gets to at least 100°f throughout the day. His uvb is a 24 inch t5 10.0 ho with the reptisun hood placed towards the back more to the right (on the screen lid) with a tall mopani wood under so he can choose to catch more rays or more heat if he'd like to. His log is slightly lower than the hammock to reduce the risk of sunburn. On the cool side I simply have a box at the moment for a hide if he needs and another mopani wood leaning on top so he can still be up high but in the cooler 85° area. I feed him lots of dubias along with greens and squash the occasional carrot and fruit. I threw in a few bsfl and a horn worm to mix up his diet lately. Today he weighted 28g but doesn't seem to be any longer but he doesn't make it easy to measure him ?. Any feedback is appreciated

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That all sounds good ! A 20 long is perfect for a baby and I recommend it over starting them in a large tank. He will grow quickly so it won't be very long before he'll be in that big boy [ or girl ] tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom