New addition to my family

Status
Not open for further replies.

CavCat

Meet Ragnar. Just brought him home today and already eating from my hand. He was born 08/21 and is 13 1/2 inches long. What morph would you say he is, normal orange tiger? Is he large for his age at 4 months? I stand corrected, he is 14 inches from nose to tail. This isnt tail rot is it?

110042-5922669261.jpg
110042-9104638379.jpg
110042-8997329091.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It looks like hes got a small nip on the end of his tail -- keep an eye on it -- if it falls off that is good apply some raw unpasteurized honey on it till it scabs over - the honey will kill and stop infection -- the piece you have of him sitting on I would lay the stick part down and use the big tall trunk part for him to bask on - if he decides to jump off hes going to hurt himself on that tile -- and as far as morph I am not sure - someone else will haft to look at him
Karrie

CavCat

Original Poster
He is amazing about his greens and was fed worms and crickets. Today got him to eat 5 medium dubias!! I love this fatty!

110042-7700325432.jpg

Ragnar is a beautiful dragon! Mine is just under 4 months and is a similar size. He kind of looks the same too.
109547-7649327079.jpg

I’d keep a spreadsheet or note of some sort to track his weight and length growth from week to week. As long they they are moving in an upward trend you’re doing good. It’s also great he’s eating his greens. My Gus will eat his greens maybe every three days or so and then not touch them for a while.

Out of curiosity how’s the other little baby Nucky doing?

CavCat

Original Poster
Unfortunately baby Nucky had to go back to petsmart to get a vet check at banfield. They said they would give us a call after they check him out and if all goes well will pick him up. I don't trust them to be honest. I just didn't want the little guy to die on me.

That is completely fair. Often times the dragons at big stores like those aren’t kept in the best conditions and are sold too young. I hope he gets better. Keep us updated if you hear anything back from the store.

Ragnar is looking great though and hopefully isn’t giving you any health problems

CavCat

Original Poster
Thank you!!! No health problems that I can see. The dark tail did worry me a bit. He does have a small nip at the end caused by a tank mate and is missing a partial toe from a tank mate again. That's why I named him Ragnar. He's a viking! This concerns me though. Is it tail rot or him just darkening the tail?
110042-5541172419.jpg
110042-2930289572.jpg
110042-4838188682.jpg
On another note, I think he may be pregnant!! Look at that belly! ?
110042-212259372.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom