New Family Member!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ournewbby

Hi, I got my new bearded dragon about two days ago. He is almost 6 months and is adorable! I wanted to reach out and just make sure I’m doing the right things so that he can have the best life!
I’ve never owned a reptile so i did a lot of research about the conditions they need but haven’t found much about getting them adjusted to their new environment and have found conflicting things online about interaction and thought I would see what you all thought of how he is adjusting. I have been handling him and he doesn’t seem to mind being picked up however I also want to respect his space, I take him our for 5-10 minutes at a time every hour. Is that too often? Or not enough? He seems to want to adventure more and more each time he is out.

I’m also curious about his eating habits. He was recently transitioned to 70% veggies and 30% crickets with his other siblings. His veggies were bokchoy, spinach, kale, and romaine so I tried to replicate that at home. The first night I gave him veggies in his bowl and about 5 crickets. He ate 4 of them very slowly and left one over night. I gave crickets again in the morning about 3 and he ate them all but didn’t touch any of his veggies. I switched to mealworms last night and he seemed to like them more. He still has not touched his veggies. I’m also putting a calcium supplement on everything and he gets flukers bearded dragon diet for juveniles during the day.
Any input is appreciated :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would start giving the calcium D3 on his insects 5 x per week once per feeding --- the meal worms should only be used as treats and I really wouldnt feed those as of now -- their exoskeleton on them is hard on young ones stomach and you dont want him hooked on them -- he still needs protein as a main diet till hes a year old -- please get some vitamins w beta carotene and dust the insects 2 x per week once per feeding -- here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale thing its a great staple feeder
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
I would let him acclimate to his tank and surroundings -- getting him out and holding a little is good - he is a juvie -- I would order him some BSFL and some dubia roaches for his staple feeder -- you can get them from here www.dubiaroaches.com the BSFL are also known as calci worms phoenix worms and nutri grubs order large and do not dust them they make great salad toppers - I would get him some super worms medium as well feed them on the salads as well 1-3- you want him eating some of those salads -- does he have stress marks?
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom