Eyes open while petting?! Good or nah

If you just got a new beardie, introduce your beardie to the community! If you're a newcomer, say hello and introduce yourself.

Eyes open while petting?! Good or nah

Postby Brown2353 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:27 am

Hello everyone just got my beardie. JUSTA. WEEK AGO.. ABOUT A WEEK AGGOOO!! Lol sorry that’s a song anywhoo back to subject when I take my beardie out to pet it.. it doesn’t walkways close its eyes.. is wide open eyes a good or bad sign when petting .. sometimes my beardie will do both
Brown2353
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Eyes open while petting?! Good or nah

Postby KarrieRee » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:19 pm

When they close their eyes while petting that is a sign of trust
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby Brown2353 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:49 pm

Some people say that when they close they eyes it’s a sign of leaving them alone is that correct as well?
Brown2353
Newbie Poster

Postby FandODragons » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:49 am

Hi there :) Bearded dragons will close their eyes when they are happy/comfortable. So you may see your beardie closing its eyes while basking, or taking a bath. And if your dragon trusts you and/or is enjoying where you are petting it, they will close their eyes. No, they won't close their eyes if they want you to leave, they will probably open their mouth and hiss if they are mad and/or telling you to back off.

Abby
SLAVE To 2 bearded dragons(Opal) and (Zayde)7 chickens (Goldie, Phil, Rose, Mable, Sweetie, Goldie and Aunt.B)2 dogs (Luna and Willow)

In loving memory of: Felix the Bearded Dragon, Daisy the Rat Terrier, Violet, Pooky, Sunny, and Henny the chickens,And Bub, my beloved 6 year old goldfish. R.I.P.<3

FandODragons
Hatchling Poster

Postby Brown2353 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:17 am

Ok thank you .. I’m working on it but he does stare at me so much lol
Brown2353
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Introductions