UVB positioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSpike

109601-1679176591.jpg

Hi there!
I got the 24” Reptisun 10.0 T5 in my 4x2x2 enclosure. I’m aware that a longer size is recommended but also know this will be fine. How is the position of it? It’s 14 inches from the Hide. Obviously much closer to the top of the branch....
Is Spike too close to the UVB? (He’s laying on it in the pic- which is 8in from the light)
And how is it in relation to his basking spot?
Does the UVB Fixture need to be moved more to the right? Or Higher or lower from the top?
Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
As long as the distance is 12-15 inches from the basking spot --- 8 inches is pretty close and I dont think he will go that close to it and if he does hes not gonna stay long -- the hide would be a good basking spot for him --- does he sit on it? And the position looks fine -- hes gonna go to the light he needs --
Karrie

MrSpike

Original Poster
He doesn't spend much time on that hide. Always on his hammock or just below it on the bricks. Thanks for responding so quickly! Besides the vet visit next week, I think I (finally!) have everything figured out. :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What is the distance from his main basking spot? Or the spot he spends the majority of his time? That is the distance that should be around 12 inches.

The 22 inch is the perfect size for 4x2x2 IMO.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom