Ichi the Beardie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KamataKun

Finally got my baby!

20201111_112810_by_cant_blink_de8kpl0-pre.jpg

His name is Ichi Ghidorah, or just Ichi. He's a dunner tiger het hypo, and he's about 3 months old. He definitely made a first impression, he was unboxed and covered in poop! He let me clean off the bigger pieces as he warmed up in my hand, but I decided not to give him a bath yet as I feel he's been through a lot as is. I gave him water on his nose, which he drank, and then put him into his enclosure to settle. He didn't take it well; after he basked, he ran back and forth scratching at the glass. I suppose that's normal for a beardie that's new to a home.

I came back from working to find him sitting in his hammock. I think he's calmed down as he hasn't scratched too much as I write this.

I have greens sprinkled with more water offered to him in a bowl and I have a feeding schedule lined up. Morning will be salad, noon and evening will be bugs. His first feeding with me will be in an hour. I'm gonna give him calciworms in his enclosure. I wanna take him out to eat in a separate bin, but figured the first day should be spent with him getting used to his new home and he can start the feeding bin routine tomorrow.

I think tomorrow will also be the day I take him out for a bath. Stinky boi!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome ichie -- he is a pretty boy- I would hold off on the baths unless absolutely necessary- he's needs some time to acclimate to his tank -- take your calci worms and use them lures to the salad bowl-- his eating is going to be off so he may not eat much in the next few weeks-- make sure you have correct basking temps taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and a good UVB- No Coils
Karrie

Lizard of Light

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Ardbert
AWWWW 1-headed King Ghidorah! I love that! :lol:

And haha, yeah, Ardie also pooped in his bag on arrival, but thankfully he managed to stay away from it. I agree on holding off on baths until Ichi is comfortable with you. The only reason Ardie got a bath on day 2 or 3 was because of how insanely fast he wanted to get out and interact (and he was looking a bit dehydrated), lol. I think he's more the exception than the rule though, so I'd play it safe and wait for Ichi's stress marks to fade, he's not acting nervous around you, etc.

Anyways, welcome! And hope to see you around! :mrgreen:

adambeck

Hatchling Member
Ichi looks so cute and those colors are beautiful! Fifa (our bearded dragon) says hi!
Can't wait to hear more stories about Ichi soon. Welcome to the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom