Meet my beardie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreapaa

109662-8675307571.jpg

Hi, I'm Andrea and I'm new to this community!

I got him last month and I would say that he is the most beautiful lizard I've ever seen in my entire life, if you don't believe me scroll back and admire him a little bit more, but if after doing that you're still sure that he's not I dare you to reply with your contestant, would love to see some more beautiful beardies.

Anyways, does someone have any name suggestions? I have tried with different ones but I don't think they suit him very well, and also I'm wondering if someone has some tips to bond more easily with my new buddy!

Hope you're having an amazing day! :D

dezismom

Juvie Member
Hi, Andrea, welcome to the forum! You will loveit here, lots of activity, dedicated beardie people who are helpful and knowledgable.

Yep, that is one seriously beautiful baby, no doubt! And what a tail! long and lovely. Stikes quite a pose, too.

It may take a while to learn his/her disposition, to give a name. They name themselves, given time...
And bonding may not happen until he is older...not for holding, anyway. They are all about the food right now. That can be used to your advantage, however, to bond! Feed all feedings by hand, (or by tweezer) and make sure there is direct eye contact, when feeding. Do not let anyone else feed him, or you run a risk of him bonding with that person instead of you.

Welcome again to this great community. Let us know what you name him, and keep sending photos. We love seeing other peoples beardies. Babies especially do the funniest things.Is this your first Beardie?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to the forum ---- yes keep hand feeding him and you can put a piece of clothing or fleece blanket in his hide something w/ your smell on it to get him used to you ---- I would get him some BSFL and hand feed those as well as veggies like collard turnip greens or kale -- approach from the side not above they have a 3rd eye on top of the head and he will see you as a predator --- let him acclimate to his surroundings before handling him a lot any more questions please ask
Karrie

adambeck

Hatchling Member
Hello, Andrea! Your new buddy looks so cute! Have you decided on a name yet?
Fifa (our bearded dragon) says hi to you and your friend! Welcome to the forum!

saraho

Hatchling Member
Welcome from Charlie and I. I didn't get to name Charlie, as I adopted him at age 2. There are so many good choices. Do you like to name after characters from movies? Do you like human names for your pets? Do you want to name based on color? It's so hard to choose.

If I was choosing from a movie, I'd go Mushu for a boy dragon, and Maleficent for a girl (Mallie for short?)
If I was choosing human names, I'd go with Fred for a boy and Betty for a girl.
If I was choosing based on color, I'd need to see how his colors change from day to day hour to hour.
If I was choosing based on personality, I'd need to spend serious time with the little dude.

Did I help at all? :lol:

andreapaa

Original Poster
Wow thanks for everyone answers, and thanks for the advice on how to name him! He still has no name but I'm excited to see the final decision.

-Andrea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom